• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any recomedations on car phone kits

looking for hands free or semi hands free kit for our vehicles

thinking something portable like the ones I have seen clipped to sun visors

any good and any recommedations

I can put mine through an auxilery in the front of the radio but not truly hands free and lots of feedback however the lad smokes around in his van all day without a care and I know he will get pulled in time

any help appreciated

by the way...we all have smart phones of some description ie Iphone etc

I've been in the car with people using Parrots.

They look a good bit of kit.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Beautiful plumage.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        Beautiful plumage.

Avoid the Norwegian Blue..............
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi I have had a parrot for a number of years and is simple to switch from vehicle to vehicle even with limited wire know how. Have found it very useful .

Comment

Bluetooth connection on my Sony radio is great with my iPhone, but have fitted a couple of 'Parrots' for friends and they are great too.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

For the cost of a GOOD handsfree, I'd recommend getting an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and a mic, not a lot more money, but a LOT more features, and it works very nicely. Entry level bluetooth decks aren't that pricy these days.
              '96 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-G - RIP

Comment

Originally posted by IanB2 View Post
                For the cost of a GOOD handsfree, I'd recommend getting an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and a mic, not a lot more money, but a LOT more features, and it works very nicely. Entry level bluetooth decks aren't that pricy these days.
                +1
                I have Alpines in mine - can hook the iPhone up directly (I usually have an old iPod plugged in for tunes) as well as use as a handsfree via bluetooth.

Comment

Switch it off. No matter how important you may think you are, the call can wait until you get out of the car.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I fit the Parrot MK9200`s at work, really good piece of kit would recommend them over a clip on job any day, havent used a hands free enabled aftermarket radio as yet but I would guess anything that plays back through the car speakers is going to be infinitely better than the tinny little speaker in those sunvisor units.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Switch it off. No matter how important you may think you are, the call can wait until you get out of the car.
                      If I don't take Angelina's calls she gets shirty and starts leaving answer phone messages. I would worry if my wife were to find them...

Comment

You need a 'weekend' SIM. I assume you're new to this stuff.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Too true Andy,

Watched a woman try to reverse out of a parking
                          spot the other day, with the phone tucked under
                          her chin, what a mess she made, also trying to eat
                          a sarnie!!! Why she could'nt phone and eat whilst
                          parked, I'll never know. Yet some women think they
                          can multi task (not her tho')

Gman.
                          If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

I'm still waiting for them to ban the biggest distraction, the passenger.
                            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              I'm still waiting for them to ban the biggest distraction, the passenger.
                              Don't forget advertising hoardings and unnecessary road signs.

And of course hot chicks on the pavement.

It gets my goat when I see people with the phone in one hand and food/makeup/newspaper etc in the other. But that is the point of a hands free. Used sensibly I cannot believe speaking on the phone is so bad.

Although I do find the buttons can be confusing if you are very drunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X