No announcement yet.

toyota screw up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think people are mad buying a car that you have to pay 400 quid road tax it makes me laugh some of the big ranger rovers we get in at work and they fail there mot on tyres and you tell the customer how much a tyre is for his 20 inch wheels and they freak out saying they can't afford it but they can afford a new range rover and 400 road tax + running it
    Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Thats why most cars you see on the road these days are those crappy little French efforts!

Comment

I HATE French cars they must be the car I repair most offten usually citreon c3 or saxos or Peugeots all for misfires or failing mot on emissions due to shitty lambda sensors or any new diesel with a dpf filter that is only used for short journeys like school run a shopping the exhaust never gets hot enough to regenatate the filter sorry rant over I feel better now

Comment

french cars are great

managed to get a 2cv up to an indicated 70mph many years ago - then the canvas roof blew off

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
            Makes me wonder if it is because of the leap in the amount of requests that they have had just recently.

It will be interesting to see if my shi77y email to customer relations will light a fire under their ass,most probably not
            Well blow me

Shi77y email success !!!!

Dear Mr Big Gay Bear

We have now received confirmation of the Recall work required for your Toyota Hilux Surf, registration number J blah blah blah

The parts should be us on Tuesday 8th November and I have made a provisional booking for you on Wednesday 9th November.

Should this not be convenient for you please let me know and we can rearrange a date to suit you.

Regards
            Ron Tyler
            Service Manager

Should really go out for a play to get it all nice and dirty for them
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Don't need the tongs I'm nearly bald,
              Do you know where I can get some good quality hand cream from?
              EP80 or 90 would do!

Comment

Hi all thought I would give you an update on my recall. so after the screw up with my steering parts I got a letter from Toyota this morning saying that Toyota GB have informed my local Toyota dealer that the only recall my truck may need is the injection pump replacing, the service manager from the watford Toyota rang me today to discuss it .he said that he has been informed by Toyota GB that the way to check if mine has already had the recall done will be if there is a blob of yellow paint next to the vin plate and one on the inlet manifold. Now mine has these yellow marks so they say it dosnt need doing has anybody heard of this recall before ? My truck is a 2nd gen 3L I'm starting to worry if Toyota actually know what there doing

Comment

From "my steering recall update"

01/10/11 First contact with Toyota UK.
                  20/10/11 Conformation that truck is can have work done.
                  11/11/11 Phoned Toyota dealer and truck is booked in for work on 23/11/11.
                  23/11/11 Took truck to RRG Toyota Rochdale, had Yaris courtesey car.
                  Phoned me at 2pm to pick up truck.
                  Washed and valeted, with a full check list completed and not even charged for the Yaris insurance. Very friendly and helpful staff. Only thing that I need to do now is have a look under the truck to see what's been done.
                  All the best

Comment

Working...
                  X