toyota screw up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyota screw up

Morning all so last Monday I got a letter through about the recall on my steering. The next day I get a call from Toyota to book it in for the work, I thought this was great as it had been so quick I went through all the details for the truck including frame and chassis number as the bloke told me these were needed to make sure they order the correct bit. So I turn up a Toyota at 8am yesterday morning as arranged and the guy behind the counter goes Mr marsh I think we have a problem your reg comes up as a 2008 hilux so we have the bit to do and oil strainer recall not a steering recall . Then a guy comes over with a fax and says is that the bit your after what he was showind me was a pic a a steering idiler I had to take him out to the truck and point out the bit . So I leave Toyota and they say they ring when they have found my parts they ring an hour later and say there in Belgium and will be here in 3 weeks
    Always up to my neck in it

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
    Morning all so last Monday I got a letter through about the recall on my steering. The next day I get a call from Toyota to book it in for the work, I thought this was great as it had been so quick I went through all the details for the truck including frame and chassis number as the bloke told me these were needed to make sure they order the correct bit. So I turn up a Toyota at 8am yesterday morning as arranged and the guy behind the counter goes Mr marsh I think we have a problem your reg comes up as a 2008 hilux so we have the bit to do and oil strainer recall not a steering recall . Then a guy comes over with a fax and says is that the bit your after what he was showind me was a pic a a steering idiler I had to take him out to the truck and point out the bit . So I leave Toyota and they say they ring when they have found my parts they ring an hour later and say there in Belgium and will be here in 3 weeks
    Hmmm
    Might be detecting a trend here ......
    My letter came through on 29 Sept
    Left it for the reqd three weeks and then phoned the dealer....

No we have no record let me look into this
    Will you phone back?
    Yes we will phone back.

And nothing zip nadda
    Customer service=oxymoron.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Same here
      Got letter about recall. Waited 30 days , rang service manager at Toyota bromsgrove.
      Ooo we have no record of that , let me look into it and call you back.
      A week later and no call.
      Gonna ring again tomorrow
      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Makes me wonder if it is because of the leap in the amount of requests that they have had just recently.

It will be interesting to see if my shi77y email to customer relations will light a fire under their ass,most probably not
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Got another letter from Toyota today - customer satisfaction campaign.
          blah blah blah, replace the steering relay rod.

"WE HAVE ALREADY FORWARDED THE RELEVANT INFORMATION TO YOUR NOMINATED CENTRE (don't recall nominating any acentre, but hey ho...) AS BELOW AND THEY WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY"

".....ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TOYOTA CENTRE OR PFFICIAL TOYOTA SERVICE OUTLET TO ARRANGE A TIME........REPAIR WILL TAKE UP TO 2 HOURS"

Roger Phipps - Warranty Mananger.

So, do I wait for a phone call, or do I call them!

My local centre is Westlands, Stourbridge, FYI Animal.
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

They contacted me within 2 days of me reciving the letter. My local Toyota dealer is wayside Toyota watford and I'm starting to get nervous about the fact that they didn't know what recall it was ment to have and then I had to point the part out to the parts manager

Comment

You should be asking why your 1995 Surf is logged as a 2008 Hilux first.

Comment

Hi I'm new to all this, just picked up my car today, Can someone tell me what the recalls are for a gen 3?
                Ta
                Dobbs

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
                  Hi I'm new to all this, just picked up my car today, Can someone tell me what the recalls are for a gen 3?
                  Ta
                  Dobbs
                  There's a 13A socket in the glovebox, which doesn't allow enough current to get the GHD's up to temp.. Ask Toyota about an Ampere Straightener.
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    There's a 13A socket in the glovebox, which doesn't allow enough current to get the GHD's up to temp.. Ask Toyota about an Ampere Straightener.

Seriously, no recall on a 3rd gen.

You might want to check the crimping tongs are in the toolkit though. You can find them on ebay, but they're like rocking horse poo.

Comment

They said the reg comes up as a 2008 because that's the year it was imported and registerd but if you put the chassis number in it comes up as a 1995 surf

Comment

They said the reg comes up as a 2008 because that's the year it was imported and registerd but if you put the chassis number in it comes up as a 1995 surf
                        Ah, then it's some pen pusher's fault.
                        Hope you don't have to pay the £400 per year road rent.

Comment

When did the current road tax come in because I taxed it about 3 months ago for 6 months and defo didn't pay that think it was about 112 odd

Comment

When did the current road tax come in because I taxed it about 3 months ago for 6 months and defo didn't pay that think it was about 112 odd
                            Thats the correct amount.

Mid 2001 the tax band goes up as it's based on emissions. My (the wife's) 3rd gen is an early 2001 model so I only pay the lower rate.

Comment

Good to know I won't be paying that

Comment

Working...
                              X