No announcement yet.

Need for speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh and another note, if im doing 3k rpm at 100kmh (62mph) I dont normally like to push it further, all good with mine being able to just hit 90mph but shes reving its poor little diesel arse off to do it!!! cant imagine its good for the engine
    Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Where bouts is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by tatts View Post
        Where bouts is it ?
        You mean this?

http://www.brian894x4.com/Gearratiosanddiffs.html
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Kiwisurfing; 30 October 2011, 11:50. Reason: add reference website

Comment

Auto 2.4t.
          Trans/axle a343f G144 .

Comment

Auto 2.4t.
            Trans/axle a343f G144 .
            you got the good ones then, g144 = 4.875

mabey get your speedo checked (via gps mabey?) or mabey its geared too far and its simply not able to rev anymore.

Get a senior to quote me but most people run 4.875:1 diffs on more than 31's

Comment

Don't mean to be if I sound stupid but if it is geard to high so it revs out top end would bigger tyres alter so it brings the gearing down ?

Comment

Don't mean to be if I sound stupid but if it is geard to high so it revs out top end would bigger tyres alter so it brings the gearing down ?
                Your speedo's always going to tell lies once you start changing diffs and tyres like me as its speed sensors taken from the gearbox.

And yes bigger tyres going to change gearing down, hence how I said people often have the 4.8 diffs like yours on 33's, poor old 2.4 would struggle to turn 33's on 4.3 diffs

Comment

Considering ya not bought a Go-cart your not gonna get supercar speeds ....
                  Personally I had my 2.4 for six n half years n 75-85mph with a 2 ton brick was ample with out breking it .....
                  Should ya need a quicker version tho Bushwhacker does the conversion
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Been there done that with fast cars

Not after speed from it just thought it would do a comfy 85 for a motorway jurney.

Comment

Working...
                    X