Need for speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for speed

What sort of topend speed should I b gettin out of my 2.4t surf ?

Originally posted by tatts View Post
    What sort of topend speed should I b gettin out of my 2.4t surf ?
    Uphill, on the flat or off the edge of a cliff?! lol

Mine used to top out at about 90mph ish with "low profile tyres" on it!! (265/75/15s). With 33s its 60mph tops uphill (with a following breeze) but it'll still manage an indicated 90mph downhill. If the hill is long enough!

I guess it may well depend on the gearing. Check your axle code (mine is G144 - 4.88:1) and see how it compares to others.

Comment

I get 75 / 80 tops on a flat run but does struggle to get 80 prob juts touching over 80 down hill thought it should do 85 comfy this is my 1st surf so no idea what speed they do bein 20yrs old

N don't think it would pull a wet stick out of a dogs b'hind.

Comment

Get hold of a 3rd gen 3ltr then you would'nt need to ask that question

Comment

I'm not sure how fast mine is. I know it does 0-60 in around 6-6.5 seconds.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            I'm not sure how fast mine is. I know it does 0-60 in around 6-6.5 seconds.
            Ahhhhh....could not resist that could you Gra??... Have to check the top speed though. V8 x brick= a lot of wind noise...
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Top speed...not sure kev. Getting to top speed...
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Er, if I ask mine to do 70 it will, it`s not comfortable or indeed a nice feeling with the 33`s on so I kinda hang round with the wagons mostly, that and my fear of going past 88mph due to growing up in the 80`s prevents me from pushing it any further!

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                  Er, if I ask mine to do 70 it will, it`s not comfortable or indeed a nice feeling with the 33`s on so I kinda hang round with the wagons mostly, that and my fear of going past 88mph due to growing up in the 80`s prevents me from pushing it any further!
                  Mines fine up to and past 70... its just the small "corrections" you need to do constantly at higher speeds which keeps a certain sphincter quite tight...

More or less the same feeling my previous "sporty" car had at about 140-150....

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
                  "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I think I may need a new steering damper Wolfracer, it`s not too bad generally but if I hit a bump it sets it off into a head shake, it`s fine at around 55 though so I just kinda stick to that for the time being, not to bad on fuel at that speed either lol

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                      I think I may need a new steering damper Wolfracer, it`s not too bad generally but if I hit a bump it sets it off into a head shake, it`s fine at around 55 though so I just kinda stick to that for the time being, not to bad on fuel at that speed either lol
                      Me too, still got the original fitted, 250,000km later... Xmas wish list being written as we speak...
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Well empty I can hit 140kmh prob a little more if I tryed, but yesterday towing a HUGE house moving trailer she was foot flat and only doing 80kmh

Trailer was twice the size of the surf tho so cant complain
                        Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

78/79 mph on motorway last nyt needle not quite on 80.

Does any 1 recon anything is wrong?
                          my tyres are 31/10.5/15.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                            Check your axle code (mine is G144 - 4.88:1) and see how it compares to others.

my tyres are 31/10.5/15.
                            See post 11.

Comment

my tyres are 31/10.5/15.
                              auto? origional 4.3/1 diffs? is so prob about right I think,

Only reason mine can do 140-150kmh (80-90mph) is mines manual and I changed the diff gearing, plus a few engine tweaks for more oomph
                              Its a new truck, Because every parts been replaced

Comment

Working...
                              X