new defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
    IMHO 4x4's should be simple so that they can be repaired in extreme conditions, these so called 4x4 motor are getting too complicated and prissy ......Would you really want to take that across Africa or Asia knowing you need a computer just to reset it

It all come down to KISS
    Aggree with that wholeheartedly, i like the defender i like the earlier surf, land cruiser, pajero, the newer they get the more they all look the same and the more complicated they get,
    these are defenders! thats just another four wheel drive that looks like many others,
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      ......these are defenders!...
      The clue is in the bonnet being open.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you bought a land rover between 2004 to 2009 you had a 54% chance of breaking down within 24 months, which put the land rover most unreliable car of the decade,they don't advertise that fact
        Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

problem with all new cars is they need to meet certain eu rules and safety rules etc

The old style defender or even hilux's with big metal bumpers won't pass pedestrian safety tests etc, hence new 4x4's are ocean of plastic, more curved etc

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
            Looks like a Mini on steroids.
            Beat me to it...

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

looks like a junk lander
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I read the article about LR sales drying up so they are re-inventing the image. Not sure if this will change anything - Sales are drying up everywhere, it's a recession. And their current prices for the existing Defender are very optimistic - the Chelsea tractor set may not care, but there are many better-value non-snob 4x4s on sale. Perhaps this is an admission by LR that 90% of these cars never go off-road, so let's give the punter more bling?

I like the current 110, and I like both of these, but I'd want to see the new "County" - the big one that you can throw a complete, wheels-on, sh!tted-up mountain bike in the back of without wondering where it will land or worrying about what part of the interior you could break. In three-door shape they look a bit... Barbie?

Functionally, they should keep them as simple as possible, so they can be maintained in Africa with a pen-knife, cable-ties and gaffer tape but where is the money for the dealer if the car never goes wrong?

John Edwards, global brand director Land Rover, added: 'Loved the world over for its simple, honest and distinctive design, we are determined that the new Defender will be true to its heritage, while meeting the requirements of a changing global market.
                Ah, no fear of it not going wrong then. Their only weakness, but a pretty big one.
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                  The clue is in the bonnet being open.

Ahah! yes they do req a fair bit of TLC (and cash) to keep them going, we had a right old day of it when those pics were taken, the one with the bonnet open (my sons) req new hoses and the other one was getting a new fuel tank (he grounded out and split it) the silly fecker beat seven shades out the old tank before finding out there were two bolts he hadn't seen!!!
                  the money my nipper's spent on his would have bought a nice intercooler 3rd gen surf but he loves the landy, so do i really although they are a bit hard on the ass and elbow,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I think it looks too much like a Skoda Yeti

http://www.skoda.com.au/images/yeti/...ge/Yeti_09.jpg

Comment

evoque

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                      Yep,so do I!!

TBH,I wasn't sure about the Evogue,but I saw one in the "flesh" last week,and it does look good,but why are they only in crappy white???

Mark
                      Went to Pompey yesterday to see Popeye and we passed five transporters full of them,all different colours,

Comment

Bleughhhh the Defender is fugly! That's a real shame, I've always had a hankering for a tricked up Defender. They look the part off the shelf, theres lots of relatively cheap aftermarket gubbins available, you can have seating for 9 adults in a 110 and the flat panels a) can easily have various gubbins attached to them and b) look absolutely fine when they are dented.

If only they were more reliable, didn't feel like driving a tractor and most importantly could run happily on veg like the trusty surf I probably would have had one.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                          Beat me to it...
                          A Mini on steroids looks like this. Unfortunately.

Comment

Didn't bother reading it, looks like a heap of Korean shit. Far too much crap you don't need and far too expensive.

They should just go to town redesigning the one to bring it into the modern age. Keep it simple but put all the useful off-road tech from the Discovery in it.

That is still the whole point of a Defender.

Defender = Tough go anywhere workhorse.
                            Freelander = Compact and road biassed
                            Evoque = Designer Freelander
                            Discovery = The all-rounder
                            RR = Luxury Discovery
                            RR Sport = Because the RR just isn't chincy enough for you.

The new one will never be the motoring icon the old one is.
                            Although the Evoque has grown on my slightly...

Comment

Attached Files
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

god damn pig ugly, drawn by a 4 year old custom car cartoonist from the 80's.
                                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                                My choice
                                Back off

Comment

Working...
                                X