Condolences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condolences

Our thoughts are with the families of the Four miners from the Swansea valley.
    All the best

I'll second that sad times
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Absolutely. Our local mining museum is a very similar old drift mine and having been down there on a tour I can only begin to imagine what it must be like working down there, let alone what it would be like in the event of a disaster.

Incidentally, on the tour around Apedale (my local mining museum) they showed us a small part of the mine where the national mining rescue teams are trained (including the teams that would have worked at Gleision in the last few days, and a team that worked at Pike River in New Zealand last year) and talked us through how the training programmes are run (switching off the ventilation, lights, water pumps, etc).

I sincerely hope that the friends and families of the victims of the disaster (including the seriously injured survivor) are allowed peace and space to come to terms with what has happened and aren't pestered by journalists (dare I say it, have their phones hacked?).

My thoughts and condolences to those suffering and left behind.

Comment

I agree, it's horrible.
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

A very sad day.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
            any disaster is terrible but those of us who dont watch uk news every day might appreciate a link to know what happened. in any event a tradegy under ground is awful
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14946074

Comment

any disaster is terrible but those of us who dont watch uk news every day might appreciate a link to know what happened. in any event a tradegy under ground is awful
              Yes you are correct, I didn't even think about that. I'll keep it in mind for the future.
              All the best

Comment

Terrible accident, i just find it hard to understand how they could opperate a pit under those condictions, looks like something from the 18 hundreds or the old wild west, amazed the so called health and safety council or whatever it's called would allow a pit to be worked like this,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Terrible accident, i just find it hard to understand how they could opperate a pit under those condictions, looks like something from the 18 hundreds or the old wild west, amazed the so called health and safety council or whatever it's called would allow a pit to be worked like this,
                  I thought the same, looked very unsafe to me.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

yes its very sad my heart go's out to them
                    i have been traped undergound and its not nice it drives some insane
                    the group in front of us was found curled up giggleing and has for has i know he still is like that to this day

its the stuff of nightmares being traped under ground with the water riseing
                    hurricane harry about 1987 i was 12 no wonder iam not right
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

To be fair to Frontman you could try this http://tinyurl.com/6bd9akm

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        I thought the same, looked very unsafe to me.
                        I wouldn't fancy it thier mine...

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                          To be fair to Frontman you could try this http://tinyurl.com/6bd9akm
                          I do understand the concept of the search engine and I apologise for the omission.
                          All the best

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                            I wouldn't fancy it thier mine...
                            I wouldn't fancy it either but it seems to be pretty similar to Apedale (the mining museum I referred to earlier). They aren't allowed to sell any of the coal they produce (only the odd tonne here and there - nothing major) because they don't have a licence but it does get given away/used on site sometimes.

They're also involved with experiments from the local university (Keele) about geothermal power.

Are there any ex-miners on the forum that might be able to add their personal opinion on how the mine looks?

Originally posted by frontman View Post
                            I do understand the concept of the search engine and I apologise for the omission.
                            I suspect that was aimed at Thrifty!

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
                              Frontman it was a tongue in cheek poke at Thrifty meant in a light hearted way and not aimed at you. I felt that if he had taken a tiny little effort and searched for it he would have found the link. You may have noticed I even hit the "feeling Lucky" button and it popped to the sad news you were referring to.

I feel for the families

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X