Fuel filler pipe woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filler pipe woes...

Completed a 2" body lift this weekend. All went well until I went to asda to fill up.
    Opened the fuel panel and the filler cap was stuck in the hole. Tried unscrewing it and the top part of the cap came off and other part was still screwed in to the pipe. Eventually got that out and the filler pipe has pulled through the housing.

When I did the lift I loosened the two mounting bolts for the filler pipe thinking this would give some slack. Maybe I was wrong!!

Anyway I'm liking the new improved view from the truck but could do with some advice as to how to fix this properly without making things worse.

It should separate enough for a 2" lift if you slacken it off. Some get away with not slacking the hose. Check it's free to move and then secure once it's back in position.
    Brian

Comment

Like Yoshie says, its usually long enough, but sometimes not, all trucks are slightly different.

You need to undo both ends and get them as near the edge of the pipes as poss, otherwise you just need some plain hose the right I/D and replace it.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

All sorted thanks for the advice.

Got the misses to give it a bit of a rub and it grew a bit longer.
        Job jobbed.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyWalkabout View Post
          Got the misses to give it a bit of a rub and it grew a bit longer.
          My wife does that for me too.

Comment

Both of you have RSI?

Comment

I had to google that one.

There are two types of people in life....w@nkers and liers!!

Comment

Working...
              X