Top 4 material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    I'm with Bogus - I like most sports, including the American ones that people who have never really wacthed or understood them say are crap.
    I had a season ticket for the 'Bruins' for while.

Hockey is a great game too!

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
      I had a season ticket for the 'Bruins' for while.

Hockey is a great game too!

Ice hockey is a total waste of time on the TV I reckon. But live it is epic!

Comment

Ice hockey is a total waste of time on the TV I reckon. But live it is epic!
        Oh yes.
        Iowa somethingorothers V Chicago thingymabobs.
        Can't remember the names...just the punch ups!
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I was staying in Boston on business during a Red Sox V Yankees series, which I suppose is almost a derby in baseball.

Watched the games in the hotel bar and the atmosphere was awesome! Even ended up understanding the game and tactics with the help of a few locals. I came back to the UK with an appreciation for a game I always thought was cr@p.

Not a fan of their 'football' though. Always seems too slow and fractured, which makes the games too long.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            I was staying in Boston on business during a Red Sox V Yankees series, which I suppose is almost a derby in baseball.

Watched the games in the hotel bar and the atmosphere was awesome! Even ended up understanding the game and tactics with the help of a few locals. I came back to the UK with an appreciation for a game I always thought was cr@p.

Not a fan of their 'football' though. Always seems too slow and fractured, which makes the games too long.
            Baseball and American Football are both pretty slow and fractured - the latter especially dictated largely by the TV ads side of things more than the constant changing of teams. But then as a big test cricket fan it seems a bit churlish to say that either is too slow...

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
              Might have a better idea later this afternoon when Man U and Arsenal have played,
              Didn't see that result coming.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                Didn't see that result coming.
                I'd 8:2 be an Arsenal fan!

Comment

I'd 8:2 be an Arsenal fan!

(like TonyN)

Comment