Man Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
    haven't seen this thread for a while, the garage is looking great brian can't believe it's got that far since seeing it.
    Thanks, cleared all the rubbish away today and started the drainage, 8m trench but the ground was fairly soft so not to bad a job. I hope to finish it off tomorrow and then get on with the electrics.

Last edited by yoshie; 3 June 2012, 14:25.
    Brian

Comment

• Are you laying drain pipe?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        Are you laying drain pipe?
        Isn't under ground drainage supposed to be brown?

Gman.
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Are you laying drain pipe?
          Yep to give me an idea of depth, will give the pipe a pea shingle casing.

Will that pipe not do? should I buy the brown 110mm pipe? it's only for rain water.

What the difference with the below compared to the black pipe?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/undergroun...ack-of-2/14129
          Last edited by yoshie; 8 April 2012, 00:49.
          Brian

Comment

• always good to invest in the long term, btw front and rear bumpers better be on there way mate, need summat to happen on this forum!

Comment

• Well progress has been slow these past two and half months partly due to family and work commitments, partly because I have been sorting a wee Clio out for my daughters as her first car. She is off to Uni in a few months and has her test booked for August, fingers crossed for her.

Anyway, today I have installed 4 light fittings and 6 double wall sockets.

Do you think 12 sockets will do?
              Well you never know I might build a kit car or track car one day.

I have not however, ran any wires as I am not to clever with electrics I have the armored cable buried and ready to hook up at each end, again this is getting left to a professional as prescribed in the building warrant.

Also got the distribution board mounted
              A bit of over kill for a garage system but I picked it up for free.

Also got the mono blocking started today and the roughcast is due to be done later this month.
              Brian

Comment

• If you can get your hands on them brian I would change the 4 lights you have for 4 2x36w vapour proof fittings... much better light same energy use age... I will add pics if you want to see what I mean when I get home... apart from that its looking great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                  If you can get your hands on them brian I would change the 4 lights you have for 4 2x36w vapour proof fittings... much better light same energy use age... I will add pics if you want to see what I mean when I get home... apart from that its looking great.
                  Aye please do Bob.
                  Brian

Comment

• either get a 2 x 36w or 1 x 36w they are approx 4' in length, or if you want more light you can get 58w which are 5'

Comment

• Plenty of space on that board Brian. You could have dedicated circuits for any power hungry items.
                      have you got outside/security lighting? Put this on a seperate circuit from your normal lighting.
                      12 sockets COULD be 36kW or 150A... so spread the loads!

As for that drain pipe, sorry I missed the thread.
                      Drain pipe can crush and split under the weight of soil or even a sharp rock. Proper 110mm underground soil won't. Where does it go to? have you got a soakaway or does it lead into another drain?
                      We get surface water discounts if all rain is fed to soakaways instead of the sewer drain.
                      Worth checking out?
                      If you've already done it, disregard this post!
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• Picture with the ridges fitted, electrics getting wired in the morning.
                        Rain water is into the house gutter system wolf, we get more than enough water falling

Last edited by yoshie; 13 July 2012, 23:42.
                        Brian

Comment

• Great job Bri and looking pretty damn good
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Thanks Richard.

Electrics all installed and the first coat and all beading in place for the roughcast. White mortar top coat and arctic white chips next Sunday.
                            Nearly there, looking forward to a month when I don't spend money at builders merchant.

Brian

Comment

• My wee Surf looks lost in there.
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Great progress this weekend. As well as Alan's truck running sweet again after a new head gasket, got to love the petrol's.

Mono nearly finished, top half of my drive is now 9m wide in front of the garage.

Top coat and dry dash done today, that was a hard and messy shift.
                                Just the landscaping to do between the house and the garage and seal and paint the block below the bellcast bead, so at last I am almost finished.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X