No announcement yet.

Out of interest.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salted popcorn .....replenished supplies and have a few bottles of ale ......ready for tonight
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      A real 911...i would look silly, but a pretend one...my how i laughed.

This was the same day, i emptied all the shite, out of the back, and did some 0-60 times in it...and its sub 6.5 seconds.
      I recall embarrassing an orange faced spikey haired fool in a Poxster in the GT-Four too

Thyey must be gluttons for punishment.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I used to love baiting the local Chavs (in their Subarus funnily enough) in my old 220GTi Turbo, it used to eat them up for breakfast.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Was it a standard 220GTi Turbo?
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Lightweight FWD, *if* you can get the power down, can be pretty quick off the mark.

My GT-Four was a jap import with ~300bhp, as opposed to the UK versions with 240 ish.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
              Was it a standard 220GTi Turbo?
              That's irrelevant. Why do you ask?

Anyway, no, it wasn't standard. It used to take the #### out of lots of so called 'performance' and 'modified' cars. It could (and did) eat up and spit out cars with much more power than it had. As with many things in life; it's not what you have, it's what you do with it that counts.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                That's irrelevant. Why do you ask?

Anyway, no, it wasn't standard. It used to take the #### out of lots of so called 'performance' and 'modified' cars. It could (and did) eat up and spit out cars with much more power than it had. As with many things in life; it's not what you have, it's what you do with it that counts.
                It was a genuine question.

Bog standard they are still a quick car even by todays standards but not so sure it would be quicker than a well driven Impreza however, 0-60 in just over 6secs and 150mph top end with just 200 ponies is pretty respectable.

Modified....No surprise it was quick bait.
                Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
                  It was a genuine question.

Bog standard they are still a quick car even by todays standards but not so sure it would be quicker than a well driven Impreza however, 0-60 in just over 6secs and 150mph top end with just 200 ponies is pretty respectable.

Modified....No surprise it was quick bait.
                  0 - 60 in 6.5s and 150mph = respectable?
                  In a truck maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                    0 - 60 in 6.5s and 150mph = respectable?
                    In a truck maybe...
                    The 220GTi Turbo came out in 1993. That's 18yrs ago.

It's quite common nowadays to see modern cars knocking out 0-60 in 6-6.5secs. That's not slow is it?

Back then it was seen as properly quick, and it's still on the money by todays standards.

I used to run an 820 SLi once upon a time. Wasn't a bad car in it's day and could still chug along at a reasonable rate with just 150bhp.

Things move on but not that much.
                    Now it's time to play!

Comment

Used a 827 sterling for a while..quite nice before it got old and started breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploddit View Post
                        Used a 827 sterling for a while..quite nice before it got old and started breaking.
                        Haha, I had one of them for working around Europe, The Honda V6 one.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                        X