No announcement yet.

Out of interest.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Mk1 Astra. The switches fell out of the dash when you opened the door and the 'electronic choke' flooded the engine almost without fail. 3 weeks.

Comment

Those electronic chokes were a hoot. I was still on the tools when Vauxhall introduced them on the Cavalier and the Astra.

The Cavalier being the last model they had using their old naming convension.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
        fpmsl.....You didn't have to come here or contribute but you felt compelled so i have just 3 words for you!!

Subaru........Subaru..........Subaru!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I did'nt have to come here or contribute. In saying that, you are correct. Generaly My contributions are about Surfs (It being a Surf forum); or to join in the general banter. What i fail to understand is this. As a newcomer, why do you feel compelled to pick arguments with anyone who holds an alternative view to yours? Your general attitude is smug and overbearing, yet prickly and oversensitive......Mick.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Whoa there a minute!!

My comment really was meant light heartedly and as a joke. I should have put a joker at the end or something, ok my bad, but even that might have been taken the wrong way with my luck at the moment.

I can't do right here for doing ###### wrong here, i'm trying to fit in and it's suddenly becoming really hard work. This is just a forum at the end of the day and full of all sorts of people, however, i've never ever had this problem before becuase i'm not the sort to invite issues. I usually get on great with everyone so why it's not happening here i don't know. I am opinionated, sure, but no moer than anyone else here.

You have taken my comment totally the wrong way. Nothing smug or over bearing about me. You've got me very wrong indeed.

The only thing i have an issue with is when one or two characters are contunally on my case for no reason other than they've clearly taken a dislike to me or don't like what i write, for whatever reason.

I took your comment in jest, and returned with the same in mind. I didn't come here to pick a fight or argue with anyone but it would seem others are determined for that to happen.

If you have an alternative view great, and all views are there to be expressed and discussed. If you have a problem with that, that's your problem, not mine.

Right now the only one being prickly and over sensitive is you!!
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

To the Op.
            This is not a normal forum, its more complicated than that.
            But it does have very strict rules on posting, which most adhere to. It's not like Pi$tonhe@ds where some feel the need to troll, generally post using mainly profanities or just be an ar$e for ar$es sake.
            However,
            If you get wound up by our resident wind up merchant(s) (delete as you feel appropriate) then maybe you're not as opened minded as you first thought...

just mho

Oh btw, seeing as this is a Surf forum, I think Scoobies stink. Try a 400hp 5.7 litre V8 Monaro for "power" and then go back to a scooby and you'll wonder if the engine has stopped working once the speed mounts up.

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Whoa there a minute!!

My comment really was meant light heartedly and as a joke. I should have put a joker at the end or something, ok my bad, but even that might have been taken the wrong way with my luck at the moment.

I can't do right here for doing ###### wrong here, i'm trying to fit in and it's suddenly becoming really hard work. This is just a forum at the end of the day and full of all sorts of people, however, i've never ever had this problem before becuase i'm not the sort to invite issues. I usually get on great with everyone so why it's not happening here i don't know. I am opinionated, sure, but no moer than anyone else here.

You have taken my comment totally the wrong way. Nothing smug or over bearing about me. You've got me very wrong indeed.

The only thing i have an issue with is when one or two characters are contunally on my case for no reason other than they've clearly taken a dislike to me or don't like what i write, for whatever reason.

I took your comment in jest, and returned with the same in mind. I didn't come here to pick a fight or argue with anyone but it would seem others are determined for that to happen.

If you have an alternative view great, and all views are there to be expressed and discussed. If you have a problem with that, that's your problem, not mine.

Right now the only one being prickly and over sensitive is you!!
              Dude, chillax a wee bit! If you don't rise to the bait (which you have to admit you do keep doing) it'll soon get boring to the noob-baiters.

Think of your arrival as being like a loud & opinionated bloke walking into a pub and being, well... loud & opinionated. Said bloke will soon get peoples backs up and end up with spilled beer and an elbow in the face.

If you take a little time to get to know folks & how they act & react, to judge when to take people with a pinch of salt, you'll fit in just fine around here. Reveal your true self once you've introduced yourself and people get a handle on where you're coming from & everything will be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                To the Op.
                This is not a normal forum, its more complicated than that.
                But it does have very strict rules on posting, which most adhere to. It's not like Pi$tonhe@ds where some feel the need to troll, generally post using mainly profanities or just be an ar$e for ar$es sake.
                However,
                If you get wound up by our resident wind up merchant(s) (delete as you feel appropriate) then maybe you're not as opened minded as you first thought...

just mho

Oh btw, seeing as this is a Surf forum, I think Scoobies stink. Try a 400hp 5.7 litre V8 Monaro for "power" and then go back to a scooby and you'll wonder if the engine has stopped working once the speed mounts up.

With the greatest respect to hiluxsurf.co.uk it is another forum and there are thousands out there, some niche, others not so, but it's still a forum.

I'm all for sticking to the rules, however, deliberate baiting to cause a bit of a ruckass, i didn't see that one in the rules, and i've read them.

I don't troll and i don't swear at people for the sheer hell of it and i'm certainly not an arse. If i have used a profanity then i can on apologise however in my defence, it wasn't unprovoked.

I am very open minded, bigtime, however, to be treated with such disdain in such a short amount of time by individuals i don't even know is a bit heavy going by anyone's standards.

Being 'ribbed' or ' jestfully wound up' is one thing, what's happening here is another.

just mho

As for the Monaro...I did several laps around Bedford Autodrome in the 6.0L VXR. Mighty quick in a straight line, and the sort of engine note that sends shivers down your spine....However, it didn't like going round corners, and the brakes were rubbish.

If this is a Surf forum why are we now talking about a Vauxhall Monaro? I'll stick to my 400hp scooby that does go around corners.
                Now it's time to play!

Comment

love it
                  a nice juicy thread to get people going .

i like subarus , we have a classic wagon weve had for a few years now and its been very reliable, flown through every mot , quite economical to run when driven sensibly, and its good to have a sporty car to jump in when the surf gets a bit boring lol.
                  infact its our 3rd impreza as we like them
                  ive also had 3 surfs .
                  every car ive owned has been fun for different reasons.
                  my supras (ive owned 3) were just immense but tail happy
                  205 gti would grip the road like it had tyres coated in glue
                  renault 5gtt was novel
                  crx with nitrous was hilarious fun
                  PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                    love it
                    a nice juicy thread to get people going .

i like subarus , we have a classic wagon weve had for a few years now and its been very reliable, flown through every mot , quite economical to run when driven sensibly, and its good to have a sporty car to jump in when the surf gets a bit boring lol.
                    infact its our 3rd impreza as we like them
                    ive also had 3 surfs .
                    every car ive owned has been fun for different reasons.
                    my supras (ive owned 3) were just immense but tail happy
                    205 gti would grip the road like it had tyres coated in glue
                    renault 5gtt was novel
                    crx with nitrous was hilarious fun
                    Show off.
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

lmao
                      this surf is my 26th vehicle now
                      some have been crap , some not so

Comment

If this is a Surf forum why are we now talking about a Vauxhall Monaro?
                        Why not?

Algys Autos and and Subarus seem to be getting their fair share of the limelight, just thought I'd put in another off topic topic.
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                          Dude, chillax a wee bit! If you don't rise to the bait (which you have to admit you do keep doing) it'll soon get boring to the noob-baiters.

Think of your arrival as being like a loud & opinionated bloke walking into a pub and being, well... loud & opinionated. Said bloke will soon get peoples backs up and end up with spilled beer and an elbow in the face.

If you take a little time to get to know folks & how they act & react, to judge when to take people with a pinch of salt, you'll fit in just fine around here. Reveal your true self once you've introduced yourself and people get a handle on where you're coming from & everything will be grand.
                          I've walked into the odd little village pub in North Wales. It's a bit like that here at the moment. You walk through the door and they all turn around and just stare at you. Suddenly they all break into welsh speak baring in mind that as i opened the door they were all speaking english. Lucky for me i speak a bit of welsh. Bl00dy Marvellous
                          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                            lmao
                            this surf is my 26th vehicle now
                            some have been crap , some not so
                            What you need is a Lexurf, a combination of the last 25 vehicles you've owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                              Why not?

Algys Autos and and Subarus seem to be getting their fair share of the limelight, just thought I'd put in another off topic topic.
                              Fair comment
                              Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                                What you need is a Lexurf, a combination of the last 25 vehicles you've owned.
                                id love one, just need to make some money to pay for it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X