X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    you don't get anywhere if you don't try do you
    Yoshie would be proud.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you don't get anywhere if you don't try do you
      Will you be bringing those dash clocks with you when you collect it?

Comment

Stick and ad on here with a price and date that it would be ready if it was V8. Name your price and see if anyone bites within a certain timescale. If not, fix it.

Comment

if you v8 it vince then it will be worth 4k of my dosh any day.let me know if you do and i will stop looking for another truck
          talk about hedging your bets you Tart talking of Tarts wots with ToniN is he cross dressing now wot happened to the old TonyN?
          Last edited by pops; 16 July 2011, 12:25.
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

V8 you know it'd be bad ass!!
            i want one more everyday

Comment

V8.. Nice development vehicle to cut your teeth on. Be an even easier swap in terms of electrics as it's petrol already, it'll have efi relay loom etc on won't it?

Why not sell Lex'I and run this? Not as if you need the slightly better off-road capabilities of the 2nd gen' cos' you don't get em mucky anyways

Comment

V8 plus LPG conversion....it would then be an irresistible prospect...

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                  talk about hedging your bets you Tart talking of Tarts wots with ToniN is he cross dressing now wot happened to the old TonyN?
                  Its good to expand your horizons...

I dunno whats going on, I may have to have a 'word' with Koi or Jotto....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey View Post

Unless you do hundreds of miles every week, I really don't see the point of LPG conversions.

Comment

Bugger I wanted to make the first 3rd gen V8

Still I've been saying that for years and the nearest I got was nearly buying an Ls400 on E bay after a few sherberts lol.

I'd love a set of 5 of those wheels.... and that bumper +hoops and winch. And a petrol surf lol.
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Will you be bringing those dash clocks with you when you collect it?
                        i'll bring a bonnet aswell if you want
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                          i've had a couple of offers for trucks but i am just waiting for pics etc unless you wanna sell your hilux
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey View Post
                            I agree, but I have the gut feeling that the days of cheap LPG may end soon, the government are trying to screw every penny out of anything and its a target.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

It had already shot up in price!

Nice though.. a mate of mine had a nice LWB pajero with a quality LPG kit in it.

I'd want the gas tank to be outside the truck though (under where the spare wheel would be if not rear mounted) and external tanks cost lots more to meet safety legislation.

Custom shaped ones cost lots though so I'd probably run with 2 - 3 cylinder shaped tanks joined together, and a tank for conpressed air - and some kind of over enginneered bash plate under the lot.

I've never thought about this.... Ever
                              More Lift.
                              More Tyres.
                              More Engine.

Comment

So I had a 425 mile round trip to go and get it and burned £120 worth of unleaded.

It's in pretty good condition, it's got 8X16 alloys with 285 tyres, Witter towbar, new exhaust, new steering rack bushes, lovely aluminium winch bumper, CAT1 alarm immobiliser, remote C/L and Council edition 4WD.

It was also parked under a tree for eight four months and used as a dog kennel, so the rear cargo area was rank and full of dog hairs and some rust stains from something else thats been stored in there in the past!!

Stripped out the rear, pressure washed it and the carpet, cleaned up all the manky plastics (probably why there was no photo of the rear interior in the ad.) dyed the carpet black and re-fitted when dry.
                                Rubbed down and painted the towbar, removed the dragon graphics and spruced up the rear wiper....

I had a bit of help with the pressure washing......Although I think he's pretending to be a Fire fighter here..

Started polishing the winch bumper too....

I've come to a decision, I'm going to fix it (new rad on order, existing one has a long crack in it) use it for a run-a-round for a while, put Lexurf I into storage, then V8 this one in the new year. It's going to be a sleeper/cruiser with a quiet exhaust, think RangeRover type sound, with brushed aluminium and carbon fibre bits inside.

Comment

Working...
                                X