Parking sensors on a Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking sensors on a Surf?

The spare wheel is on the rear door and the Surf has a tow bar with electrics. I would like to have rear parking sensors fitted. Is this feasible as the rear wheel sort of covers the top part of the rear bumper and I don't want the sensors sounding for nothing? I assume it will all depend on where they are fitted on ther ear bumper.
    Any one done rear parking sensors on a Surf with no issues.

I often use the spare wheel as a parking sensor

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
      The spare wheel is on the rear door and the Surf has a tow bar with electrics. I would like to have rear parking sensors fitted. Is this feasible as the rear wheel sort of covers the top part of the rear bumper and I don't want the sensors sounding for nothing? I assume it will all depend on where they are fitted on ther ear bumper.
      Any one done rear parking sensors on a Surf with no issues.
      My wife just uses the spare wheel as a sensor. When it starts to lift the back wheels off the floor as it grinds up the bonnet of the car behind, you are about right...

Comment

Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
        snap!

Comment

I've got a 2" sus lift, so the towbar stops
          the tyre leaving marks on the bonnet, if
          you listen carefully, you can hear their number
          plate crack.

Gman.
          If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Its possible I fitted an £30 eBay set and their grand,

to set up the distance beam direction I connected each sensor in turn to the control unit and rotated the sensor, (the beams are steered/slewed out of the sensor) until each sensor was pointing in the right direction and range.. works well

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
              I've got a 2" sus lift, so the towbar stops
              the tyre leaving marks on the bonnet, if
              you listen carefully, you can hear their number
              plate crack.

Gman.
              snigger

Comment

Originally posted by mattisaLN130 View Post
                Didn't work quickly enough for me when I reversed into a tree a few weeks ago. I smashed the rear window and dented the tailgate.

Comment

If you know how to drive then you should be able to judge you surf when parking.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                    Its possible I fitted an £30 eBay set and their grand,

to set up the distance beam direction I connected each sensor in turn to the control unit and rotated the sensor, (the beams are steered/slewed out of the sensor) until each sensor was pointing in the right direction and range.. works well
                    I never know if "an" or "a" is the correct word to use. Americans seem to use "an" more than they use "a" which points in the direction which I am correct, mostly.

"I fitted an £30 eBay set.." seems incorrect to me as it's more difficult to pronounce, rather than

"I fitted a £30 eBay set..." sounds better, although being brought up around South London with a mixture of working with Essex people it's more like:

"I-fittid-a firty-quid ebay set"

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                      I never know if "an" or "a" is the correct word to use. Americans seem to use "an" more than they use "a" which points in the direction which I am correct, mostly.

"I fitted an £30 eBay set.." seems incorrect to me as it's more difficult to pronounce, rather than

"I fitted a £30 eBay set..." sounds better, although being brought up around South London with a mixture of working with Essex people it's more like:

It's 'a'

Now get back to booking yer flight.
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                        My wife just uses the spare wheel as a sensor. When it starts to lift the back wheels off the floor as it grinds up the bonnet of the car behind, you are about right...
                        Using the tow bar is far more accurate Henry....Cheers....Mick.
                        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

As a general "rule of thumb", if it makes you look like a tw@t, then you've chosen the wrong indefinite article.....Cheers....mick.
                          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Getting back to the original question, I fitted one to my Surf (I need it as both my accidents with the Surf have been slow speed backing into parked cars on my o/s!!!) and yes, the rear mounted spare is a nuisance.

I found the n/s one wasn't a problem, as the sensor is far enough from the spare not to register, but the o/s one was too close almost anywhere on the flat back bumper I fitted it. Ended up putting it just on the edge of the bumper as it starts to turn towards the side section and there it doesn't register the spare but has enough rearwards scan to pick up anything out of view over the top of the spare.
                            Mike G

Comment

huh...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                              X