Just............Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
    Firstly, because it's so shiny you could never go anywhere without having to valet it for ten hours when you get there.

Secondly, because Mustangs (except for stunning looks and sound) are just about the worst cars in the world.
    Different nags for different slags.

"The best car in the world" is a totally pointless debate.
    What do you want? Quickest? Top speed, or 0 - 60, or 50 - 80? Best-handling? Most eye-catching? Coolest? Classiest? Best value? Most fun? Most practical/economical/reliable (ugh!!!)?
    There is no one car that does them all.

Equally the "worst" car debate is just as subjective. But you have to do it on the whole package. Saying something is the worst car in the world "apart from stunning looks and sound" is just silly imho. Good looks and sound are at the top of many people's list. You can't just exclude them for the comparison. And even leaving them out you can't seriously suggest that Mustang's are "worse" then some of the desperately tedious uninspired crap that has been churned out of factories over 50 years. Not the best maybe, and they have aspects that are poor but the worst? Come on... Someone would really take an Austin Allegro over that...?

As for being too shiny - fair point. I am going to drive Lexurf VI into a big mudhole the moment I get hold of it...

JUST JOKING VINCE!!! HONESTLY!!! I PROMISE TO WASH IT EVERY DAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rich2484 View Post
      there is only one mustang i would have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8qGS...1A82204B0005CE

nothing would come close to this.

the other is nice and shiny and clean and all that but it is not me, apart from the brakes dont actually work in the older models and you dont stop......

that is just a show car and besides the first time you take it on english roads it will wreck it.
      I must be the only one who doesn't like the 'Eleanor' Mustangs, they just look hideous to me.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        Different nags for different slags.

"The best car in the world" is a totally pointless debate.
        What do you want? Quickest? Top speed, or 0 - 60, or 50 - 80? Best-handling? Most eye-catching? Coolest? Classiest? Best value? Most fun? Most practical/economical/reliable (ugh!!!)?
        There is no one car that does them all.

Equally the "worst" car debate is just as subjective. But you have to do it on the whole package. Saying something is the worst car in the world "apart from stunning looks and sound" is just silly imho. Good looks and sound are at the top of many people's list. You can't just exclude them for the comparison. And even leaving them out you can't seriously suggest that Mustang's are "worse" then some of the desperately tedious uninspired crap that has been churned out of factories over 50 years. Not the best maybe, and they have aspects that are poor but the worst? Come on... Someone would really take an Austin Allegro over that...?

As for being too shiny - fair point. I am going to drive Lexurf VI into a big mudhole the moment I get hold of it...

JUST JOKING VINCE!!! HONESTLY!!! I PROMISE TO WASH IT EVERY DAY!!!

I've resprayed it with Teflon so it won't get dirty.

Comment

By the sounds of it vince, you best line the drivers set with Tena pads!

(and possibly leave a BIG box of kleenex on the dash)
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I have been frequenting a few American shows as my friend has a Mustang
            http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1&id=534750544
            Only makes me want to join in though.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Japan View Post
              Why is it pointless and unuseable?

This is my daily driver:

It runs on LPG and is cheaper per mile than my Surf. Parts are easily available and the common service parts are cheaper than for the Surf.

It's been 100% reliable in the 5 years I've owned it, the only time it's ever let me down was because of dodgy aftermarket brake shoes (half way across Saskatchewan the lining detached from one of the shoes and jammed under the other one).

Sure I can't park it in the same spaces where a Ford Focus would fit, but neither can I with the Surf. But it will carry six people and their luggage in comfort.

I've driven my Dodge the whole way across Canada from West coast to East, then from Cambridge to car shows in Vasteras Sweden, Antwerp Belgium, Le Mans France and all over the UK as well as the mundane stuff like commuting to work and shopping. I love my Surf, but it's very much my second car and in many ways, the less practical one.
              Nice! Do you ever go up Chelsea bridge or Krispy Kreme in New Malden? Are you on any American forums for England?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
              X