No announcement yet.

So I'm renting a flat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not transfer some money to "your friend". Have "that friend" collect the money and then scan or provide the details to these weirdos? If it's done that way there isn't a possibility of them collecting any money right? Because there isn't any to collect?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      Why not transfer some money to "your friend". Have "that friend" collect the money and then scan or provide the details to these weirdos? If it's done that way there isn't a possibility of them collecting any money right? Because there isn't any to collect?
      whats the minimum you can send via western union??? send say a fiver and do a bit of photoshop on the receipt and voila lets see the wasters try to collect it...
      Last edited by BigBobE; 8 May 2011, 14:01. Reason: spelling

Comment

Surely there is better security that this at Western Union anyway?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You have missed the whole point.

The instruction is to send to your friend who does not lift the money until after the lawyer has checked it has went. {in other words collected with the details you have provided} You could send a fake western slip but what would that achive. The idea is always to get them to dance to your tune.
          A wee road trip or internal flight.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

The instruction is to send to your friend who does not lift the money until after the lawyer has checked it has went. {in other words collected with the details you have provided} You could send a fake western slip but what would that achive. The idea is always to get them to dance to your tune.
            A wee road trip or internal flight.
            Wee road trip? From Nigeria?

OK they might be somewhere else, but it is wholly unlikely...

Comment

The instruction is to send to your friend who does not lift the money until after the lawyer has checked it has went. {in other words collected with the details you have provided}
              Ah, got ya. I missed the bit about your friend NOT collecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                Wee road trip? From Nigeria?

OK they might be somewhere else, but it is wholly unlikely...
                Plenty in the UK. They do this because it makes them plenty of cash, the networks are spread far and wide.
                Brian

Comment

Plenty in the UK. They do this because it makes them plenty of cash, the networks are spread far and wide.
                  If this was in the UK they'd be nicked in an instant. Plus which they can't speak English...

As I said there are some spreading around the place, but 95% are still Nigerian 419's.

Comment

would it be too extremist if we were to just shoot the scammers?

would solve the problem.
                    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                    X