No announcement yet.

Well that didn't last long :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about your truck. Coming home from NZ is one of my life's major regrets. Home is always there, and nothing changes. Your experiences while away from home quickly become just anecdotes, even to yourself.

Stay there, get a mechanically-sound, shitter-looking Surf, leave junk in it - food wrappers, maybe even some actual food, crumpled up tissues, old underpants. You'll still have a Surf, be in a great place, and your life will be the envy of scores of folk. :-)

Sincerely sorry for your situation.

Mark
    :

Comment

Where are you from originally Carl? depending on your age jobs here aint too easy to find, your obvisiouly gonna give it serious thought before makeing a desision, moveing to a "forign" country isn't for everyone i know, we thought of the USA or Aus many years ago but family ties won out,
      hows Christchurch after that quake? i'd have thought there'd be plenty of rebuilding work for quite some time, good luck whatever your decision,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Where are you from originally Carl? depending on your age jobs here aint too easy to find, your obvisiouly gonna give it serious thought before makeing a desision, moveing to a "forign" country isn't for everyone i know, we thought of the USA or Aus many years ago but family ties won out,
        hows Christchurch after that quake? i'd have thought there'd be plenty of rebuilding work for quite some time, good luck whatever your decision,
        I'm from Devon originally. Not sure if I'll go back to Devon, or explore further afield... There is still plenty of the UK I haven't seen yet

As for work, I'm going to be applying for jobs in England while I'm still in NZ, but I also have an idea for a business, which shouldn't be too hard to set up and get running.

The reason I'm leaving NZ is because I can't get residency, and I'm fed up of renewing my temporary visa every year. It's pretty restrictive. My plan is to come back to the UK, and get some sort of qualification, which will enable me to get back out to NZ asap (hence my plumbing thread, although I'm still undecided on that lol).

@Mark - I'll be sorry to leave this place, but I am definitely coming back... This whole country is a 4x4 owners paradise! (Not that I am one of those anymore lol - Grrrr)

Comment

sorry to hear bout the lost of your truck man!! would be lost without mine!hope you get everything sorted before you leave nz

Comment

Originally posted by bimmaman View Post
            I'm from Devon originally. Not sure if I'll go back to Devon, or explore further afield... There is still plenty of the UK I haven't seen yet

As for work, I'm going to be applying for jobs in England while I'm still in NZ, but I also have an idea for a business, which shouldn't be too hard to set up and get running.

The reason I'm leaving NZ is because I can't get residency, and I'm fed up of renewing my temporary visa every year. It's pretty restrictive. My plan is to come back to the UK, and get some sort of qualification, which will enable me to get back out to NZ asap (hence my plumbing thread, although I'm still undecided on that lol).

@Mark - I'll be sorry to leave this place, but I am definitely coming back... This whole country is a 4x4 owners paradise! (Not that I am one of those anymore lol - Grrrr)
            Sorry to hear about ya Truck Carl.
            We have some relatives who after a 4 week holiday have (just returned to NZ) he is in re Building program n might be able to help ...
            I can't promise anything but if your interested, I could have a word with him
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
              Sorry to hear about ya Truck Carl.
              We have some relatives who after a 4 week holiday have (just returned to NZ) he is in re Building program n might be able to help ...
              I can't promise anything but if your interested, I could have a word with him
              Sorry, didn't see this :/

Thanks, but the ticket has been booked! I'll be back in the UK mid-august... Scared? F*!k yeah!

Comment

Oh, I nearly forgot!

Insurance has just paid out $9500 for my truck. I'm a little happier now

What are Surfs worth in the UK? $9500 is roughly equivalent to 4500 Pounds sterling... I might have to get myself one when I get back!

Comment

Glad to hear ya got it sorted n hope it's the result ya wanted n are happy with it, if £4500 is ya budget ya should get a very tidy 3.0l 2 gen for half that n with some change for a few mods or even a very good 3rd gen n some change !!
                  Good Luck

ps.
                  If ya plan to return to Christchurch after some sometime over here, I could still have a word with a relative in time for your return if ya wish !!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X