The insurance search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The insurance search

My insurance runs out tomorrow and as them people are getting married i had to sort it out today as it seems everyone except me is getting a day off.
    The quote off my original insurers (A Plan) was triple my last one, coming in at just over a grand so i broke the habit of a lifetime and put some effort into finding a quote that wasn`t taking the p1ss
    Tried all those search thingy`s. They ranged from £800 to £3500. My bank £850. Money supermarket was mostly over a grand with one or two getting down to the mid £800s
    Went for our sponsor in the end. Adrian flux quoted me just over £400. Went down to 3rd party fire and theft to get it that low but i`m vaguely happy with it

Did you try Lifesure? They've done mine for 3 years and it's usually around the £350 mark. 41 year old, more than 7 years NCB.

On a completely different subject are you close to Lydiate?
    If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
      My insurance runs out tomorrow and as them people are getting married i had to sort it out today as it seems everyone except me is getting a day off.
      The quote off my original insurers (A Plan) was triple my last one, coming in at just over a grand so i broke the habit of a lifetime and put some effort into finding a quote that wasn`t taking the p1ss
      Tried all those search thingy`s. They ranged from £800 to £3500. My bank £850. Money supermarket was mostly over a grand with one or two getting down to the mid £800s
      Went for our sponsor in the end. Adrian flux quoted me just over £400. Went down to 3rd party fire and theft to get it that low but i`m vaguely happy with it
      I was with A plan till 3 months ago same thing premium was triple. Ended up with Direct line at just over £400

Comment

Try Sureterm Direct.

30 years old, 5 years driving, no NCB, all mods declared, fully comp for me and wife with other vehicles covered, 90 day Euro cover WITH Euro relay back to my house if I break down over there all for £295.30 last week.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by daisy710 View Post
          On a completely different subject are you close to Lydiate?
          yeah, live about a mile away. The milk round i do goes right through it. starts at the weld blundell, down southport road into maghull

Comment

I remembered the picture of the milk float you once posted. I grew up in Lydiate and my mam and dad still live in Lambshear Lane.

Small world lol
            If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Comment

Damm I thought £350 fully comp thru' Aviva was good ;(
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by daisy710 View Post
                Small world lol
                Certainly is. The whole place is slowly going down the pan tho. I`m seriously considering emigrating. Got rels in south africa. Dont really get on with them but w.t.f. Might drive there
                On the subject of insurance, if these company`s that are cheap quoted you a few months ago your in for a shock. things have gone up big time very recently

Comment

I doubt you would find South Africa any better.
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Went with Sky again this year, but gone up to £336 from £250 last year. Not as bad as some price hikes I seen this year

Spoggle

Comment

Just remember when moving insurance companies and you have got mods on the truck,make sure that the insurance covers new for old on all mods.Lifesure do not cover the mods new for old as with several other companies.You will need to notify your insurance of any mods so they can be noted but be aware of the new for old bit though
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                        Try Sureterm Direct.

30 years old, 5 years driving, no NCB, all mods declared, fully comp for me and wife with other vehicles covered, 90 day Euro cover WITH Euro relay back to my house if I break down over there all for £295.30 last week.
                        Just tried them, 45 years old, 11 years no claims, clean licence no mods, just me, no other vehicles, cheapest quote £579 most expensive is £855. Muppets.
                        Last edited by Chillitt; 3 May 2011, 22:54.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sureterm

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                          Just tried them, 45 11 years no claims, clean licence no mods, just me, no other vehicles, cheapest quote £579 most expensive is £855. Muppets.
                          Im 58(I know,I dont look it)9 years NCD,although they say they dont take NCD into account,no mods,3 litre d,they charged me £200 last June,am beginning to wonder if they make it up as they go along.Renewal is due shortly,wonder what figure they will come up with this time ?????

Comment

All insurers chance whatever they can, that cheap quote was only two weeks ago and then others get stupid high quotes which doesn't make sense. There needs to be some sort of regulation in the industry.

Ray.
                            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

adrian flux - £257

Just got my renewal today - £257 with NIG via Adrian Flux.
                              3rd gen
                              7 years NCB
                              fully comp
                              £3500 'value'
                              3000 miles limited mileage.
                              covers any mods (not done any yet... they are all in the garage)

so thats great.

Add the labour for the following...

replace CV front, steering ends, shocks all round and add 2" lift springs (all already bought'n'paid for)

and whatever else the MOT man finds.....
                              If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                              X