yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who said running on veg oil mix was ok????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
    I think you guys have jinxed my fuel pump. I noticed today a damp patch of clear oily substance, at a glance i thought it was coolant but after a sniff and almost a lick i decided that it's veg oil. seems to be towards the rear of the engine where it's dripping from though?
    i am going to have to make time on the weekend to have a better look.
    So in the approx 3/4 of a tank of 50/50 veg to diesel how muck white spirit and /or atf fluid should i try just to help out temporarily?
    It drips down on to the bash plate and depending on how level the ground your parked on is it can run out at the back, the side or the front. When mine started I gave up on veg oil and went back to derv, and it stoped, but only for a while. The veg oil makes the old rubber seals go hard and then they leak and leak and leak.

Spoggle

Comment

I've now used the whole tank of veg, derv, ATF and white spirit, whilst lead footing it to the Peak District recently. Filled up there with Derv and am now on 1/4 tank. No leaks...
      Gonna be cold tonight, so lets see in the morning if this potion has worked... fingers crossed!
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        I've now used the whole tank of veg, derv, ATF and white spirit, whilst lead footing it to the Peak District recently. Filled up there with Derv and am now on 1/4 tank. No leaks...
        Gonna be cold tonight, so lets see in the morning if this potion has worked... fingers crossed!
        Im guessing the atf fluid keeps everything nice n clean and the white spirit to thin it all out a little, what ratio's have you used?

dazza
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
          Im guessing the atf fluid keeps everything nice n clean and the white spirit to thin it all out a little, what ratio's have you used?

dazza
          Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
          Didn't leak this morning....sods law I know, but still put in 4 litres of white spirit and 2 litres of atf into about 40 litres of VERY veggie oily derv.... run's a little better now, and no leaks. will see in the morning though. Fingers crossed....
          so, ATF:THINNERSERV:VEG

1:2:5:20 I reckon. But the general idea was to bung in as much as I dare to get it thinned down and cleaned QUICKLY.

HTH!

Good luck Dazza
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Spoggle View Post
            t. As for paying £2500 to get it sorted, well I could get another , or perhaps 2, trucks for that sort of dosh. Think I'll give the white spirit a try, whats best Gin or Vodka

Spoggle
            dunno about £2500 to get it sorted..

i've picked up a second hand pump fairly cheap, ordered new seals for that, then the whole lot going to TonyN to sort for me...

i'll then keep my original pump and maybe in time get it refurbed and use as a spare..

will i use veg oil again.. probably not..

as to leaks, yes i noticed it, towards the rear of the engine, when its cold it flows out, but after a drive its not as bad, i'm guessing there is a reason to that, but i tried a full tank of derv and it seams to have got worse.. i guess its a case of them getting old..

hope the second hand pump with new seals will be good for a long time (well till i have enough dosh to get my LS400 broke and dumped into the surf...,

Comment

Well I dumped 2ltrs of white spirit (the sort that cleans paint brushes not the sort you drink) into about a 1/4 of a tank of derv yesterday. It still leaks but it's a drip and not pi$$ing out like it was. Its a pity that white spirit costs more than the diesel.

Spoggle

Comment

Sounds like the seals need replacing but I'm glad its helped at least!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

as an ex biker i really hate to think of all these surfs everywhere dripping diesel..

mines now off having another pump and new seals fitted

Comment

Originally posted by lawsy View Post
                    as an ex biker i really hate to think of all these surfs everywhere dripping diesel..

mines now off having another pump and new seals fitted

Nah it's not as bad as that, its mainly veg oil....
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Instead of going over n over round n round in circles look at this these threads,
                      facts from users of Veg Oil or/n post ya own experiences here too that's why "Biosurf" started the thread
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55767

Jess
                      nearly 10 years of Surfs
                      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X