• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss

Phoned me this afternoon,
    'Do you want a Merc estate?'
    I'd love one thanks very much!'
    'No, don't be daft, do you want a P reg one owner 90k miles Merc estate? For 2 grand'
    Sounds lovely' but I'm skint'
    'Its a lot of car..'
    You buy it then, when it's covered in dents I'll buy it off you for 500'
    'Are you sure you dont want it, it's lovely?'
    'Well I'm still sure I'm skint....'
    Do you think he will;
    1. buy it for me to make up for 4 years without a rise
    2.Buy it for himself
    3. Remember what he pays me and stop asking stupid questions...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

no, he''ll sell it to ya for 2G's, and pocket the grand he made on the deal...
      it's business.....
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
        no, he''ll sell it to ya for 2G's, and pocket the grand he made on the deal...
        it's business.....
        It is, but we sell doorknobs, not cars..
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
          It is, but we sell doorknobs, not cars..
          he was SELLING you that motor mate!!!
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

tell him you'll take it as a company car instead of a raise.

I used to work a for a guy who had hands in many pies aroun d East london, he used to give me all sorts of cars to use as "company cars" they were usually broken and needed mending first though, i did get such delights as a 350SL, an imprezza turbo, a bentley mulsanne, an A team van replica, a jeep CJ7 and lots of other oddball stuff to run around in for nothing though.
            Last edited by popuptoaster; 16 April 2011, 00:21.

Comment

I`m guessing at that price it has to be an E class and a diesel, if it`s a C class (Chrysler class as it`s based on a neon!) then it`s not even worth a worded reply, just laugh every time he mentions it!

90`s Merc`s are plagued with corrosion problems as they used recycled steel which was rusty even before they made panels from it.

Personally I`m a massive MASSIVE Mercedes fan, having owned a few S Class Merc`s if I could afford the running costs I`d have another tomorrow as they are simply the best built cars in the world (big statement I know but I base it on on a life long interest in cars and 15 years in the motortrade working with various manufacturers)

If it is an E Class and it is a diesel and if you do have an interest or need for it then I`d recommend having a look at it, realistically it`s worth between 1200 and 1600 depending on condition (good history and it`s original wheel arches are essential), it will be one of the best driving cars you have ever had.

My two penneth

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-MERCEDES-...item2c5c0f5813

Could be mine by Tuesday
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

Looks a bit girlie Brian. I hope you sell it on quick for a profit.
                  Goran will probably buy it for 6k.

Comment

Originally posted by JD_975 View Post
                    I`m guessing at that price it has to be an E class and a diesel, if it`s a C class (Chrysler class as it`s based on a neon!) then it`s not even worth a worded reply, just laugh every time he mentions it!

90`s Merc`s are plagued with corrosion problems as they used recycled steel which was rusty even before they made panels from it.

Personally I`m a massive MASSIVE Mercedes fan, having owned a few S Class Merc`s if I could afford the running costs I`d have another tomorrow as they are simply the best built cars in the world (big statement I know but I base it on on a life long interest in cars and 15 years in the motortrade working with various manufacturers)

If it is an E Class and it is a diesel and if you do have an interest or need for it then I`d recommend having a look at it, realistically it`s worth between 1200 and 1600 depending on condition (good history and it`s original wheel arches are essential), it will be one of the best driving cars you have ever had.

My two penneth
                    It's a diesel, dunno which class, didn't ask many questions, as Im skint..
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Looks a bit girlie Brian. I hope you sell it on quick for a profit.
                      Goran will probably buy it for 6k.
                      He is a tight wad did you see what he knocked back for his 3rd gen

I just fancy a wee bit class for a while, if it goes for silly low cash I will have it.
                      Make a change from bouncing around in trucks for while.
                      Brian

Comment

It`s a Beaut but the front discs look shot

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                          It's a diesel, dunno which class, didn't ask many questions, as Im skint..
                          Fair Do`s, you cant do a lot wi nowt!

Comment

On second thoughts,
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-51-Merced...item20b895e1d1
                            Brian

Comment

That's better.

Comment

Working...
                              X