My boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
    Back in my East Kilbride days, I had a Rover 220GTi Turbo, it was no slouch.

Anyway, I followed one of those AMG 55s down the expressway and on to the M74. Once on the motorway, I pulled out to overtake it. The auld bloke who was driving it, looked at me, smiled, waved, then he and his AMG vanished into the distance.

I was well and truly put in my place!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Back in my East Kilbride days, I had a Rover 220GTi Turbo, it was no slouch.

Anyway, I followed one of those AMG 55s down the expressway and on to the M74. Once on the motorway, I pulled out to overtake it. The auld bloke who was driving it, looked at me, smiled, waved, then he and his AMG vanished into the distance.

I was well and truly put in my place!
      I saw one of them on Tuesday with the Reg. FAL 1C....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sitting in that 645i the other night listening to that V8 made my mind up Andy, a wee break from on road trucks for this summer might be a nice change.
        I will still have the toy truck to go play in.

2nd gen went tonight and I am sure the 3rd gen will go easy if I eblag it.
        Brian

Comment

That 645 is lovely, isn't it, they'll miss it when it's gone.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I love Merxcs, modern ones are really crappy compared to the old buses, this is waht i was cruising around in last summer, could shift a bit with the 180bhp straight 6 in it.

This one is from the summer before that, although technically it wasnt mine, its the 350 V8, sounded lovely.

Comment

There is something fantastically seedy about tooling around in an old Merc..
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Indeed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-230-B...item4aaa534c43
                Brian

Comment

Oh, Ding dong!
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Did I ever mention I own this? I did? Oh well....

Comment

I like your car club, a lot!
                      Brian

Comment

You can't even see the old Citroen van with the beer fridge in it....

Comment

Ooh cool, i approve of that, my coupe was an old snotter compared to that one, although it only ever let me down once when the coil went It definitely needed some tidying up, i wish i'd kept it, its one of the few cars i really miss, I looved the engineering on it, mine was the twincam 2.8 with Mercs early Efi on it and it had the most industrial throttle linkage ive ever seen.

check out this thing, everyone else made do with a cable, Mercedes decided they needed to use bits of bridge girders to connect the pedal to the engine.

Comment

Working...
                          X