Thats fawked then!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats fawked then!!

eek.... (55reg Land Cruiser Colorado D4D 3.0)
    Attached Files
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
    eek.... (55reg Land Cruiser Colorado D4D 3.0)
    Oh well you have now gained for ashtrays. what caused that, looks like it's melted!

Comment

the last 3.0 breaker i had in was like that aswell and ruined the head with all the pitting in it.No.1 piston was non existent
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Wouldn't be SO bad, but engine was rebuilt just before xmas, after running out of oil, spinning a bearing and ruining the crank. Cost owner about £4k!

Someone is going to be out of pocket!!

(not me I might add )

The piston looks like it jammed in bore, whether due to the top melting or being too tight, but the scoring on the bore and piston is horrible, then the wrist pin broke out the bottom of the piston, then on the next rev punched the piston up into the valves where it got stuck

It also had a sump full of coolant.

Not really sure what happened, but they arn't getting it fixed by easter as requested!

Comment

Ooh...that's a bit broked. I can't see to clearly Tony, is the block recoverable ?
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

foooook thats some nasty damage they done an jus after a rebuild before xmas too

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Ooh...that's a bit broked. I can't see to clearly Tony, is the block recoverable ?
              The bore is pretty badly scored, its no good as it is.

Its hard to not think someone fawked up, as it was stripped and rebuilt just before xmas.

Can't say to much, the garage that fixed it are my workshop 'landlords', I rent one end of their premises, and looking at this truck as a favour as they where to busy to look at it straight away.

I'm a little worried where all the coolant in the sump came from, I don't know much about the D4D motors yet, there is what looks like an emissions air pump above the A/C pump, that is full of coolant, I hope someone didn't connect it up the cooling system and fill the bores with water! But then again it may be an extra coolant pump for some reason. But all the hoses and lots of stuff was stripped off it when I started work on it.

Comment

That's the same sort of damage we found last year on a Landcruiser D4D.
                It looked like water had destroyed the piston, I think we put it down to crap diesel.
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Any obvious signs of head gasket failure mixing oil and water??

1UZ time
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Ouch that looks nasty

Comment

Working...
                    X