Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellmett View Post

I blame the Mayans!
    Yeah, they swung to the left as well, so I heard.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

The government have to foot the state handout bill somehow, and one of the ways they do it is by taxing fuel up to the hilt. They have got us by the balls because few of us can afford to not use fuel for any length of time.

They are never going to invest in proper public transport because they want our fuel addiction to continue. If no-one needed a car, they would be screwed.
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

re

The thing is,

Everything the Government does hits the poorest the hardest.

Paying £1.50 a litre for fuel might be feck all to all the high earners but it just about cripples me.

I never got this country into ###### debt!

I don't have any borrowing and yet I have to suffer to pay back all the debt that was racked up by others!

It's always the working classes that suffer the most!

Always has, always will!

We just trundle along, paying their tax, fighting their wars, and feeling sick at their expense claims!

When it comes to digging the country out of the shit, who is it that cannot even afford to go on holiday or drive the kids to school?

The UK is a complete and utter joke!

It's a laughing stock!

How much of our much needed money has just been handed to the Irish to dig them out of the shit, whilst we drown?

Over here we even have convicted terrorists in the government FFS!

Whats that all about?

I'll tell you guys, it's all nuts!

I can't make sense of it all anymore!

Gary

Comment

I totally agree with the above statement.

(some of the reasons why I left)

Comment

Nelson Mandela was a "Convicted terrorist". Not condoning the practice, but one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. All governments are bent, it's just ours have more realistic lies to tell us.
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
              I never got this country into ###### debt!
              Of course you did. We all did. We voted for (or failed to vote against) a succession of different governments that failed to properly regulate the financial markets and encouraged an irresponsible housing boom premised on the rather ludicrous idea that everyone should get into huge debt in order to buy overpriced property.

Of course the poor get hit hardest when countries are in the financial shit. Name a country where they don't. I'm not saying it's good. But I am saying it's inevitable.

As for terrorists in the government, I happen to agree with you. It is very odd. But I can't really see what it has to do with the current financial problems.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                Nelson Mandela was a "Convicted terrorist". Not condoning the practice, but one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. All governments are bent, it's just ours have more realistic lies to tell us.
                A terrorist is a terrorist mate, doesn't matter where they live!

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                  Of course you did. We all did. We voted for (or failed to vote against) a succession of different governments that failed to properly regulate the financial markets and encouraged an irresponsible housing boom premised on the rather ludicrous idea that everyone should get into huge debt in order to buy overpriced property.

Of course the poor get hit hardest when countries are in the financial shit. Name a country where they don't. I'm not saying it's good. But I am saying it's inevitable.

As for terrorists in the government, I happen to agree with you. It is very odd. But I can't really see what it has to do with the current financial problems.
                  Nope!

I'm pretty sure I didn't matey!

I'm not taking the blame for this one!

Too complicated for me!

I just work, pay tax, pay rent and put up with the shit like many others!

The house I cherished and loved was repossessed when I got made redundant so I don't reckon that I did anything to cause any housing debt!

I was making a point about how ridiculous this country has become when I mentioned a terrorist in government!

Read back through and you will see!
                  Last edited by hellmett; 5 April 2011, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                    The government have to foot the state handout bill somehow,
                    Maybe by reducing state handouts for the lazy arsed BRITS? Get them into the jobs the Eastern Europeans are doing. That kills two birds with one stone. The chavs are in work, and the chavs are no longer bellyaching about Jonny Foreigner nicking their jobs.

Better still, drown the lot of them, knock down their affordable housing (affordable to them because it's my feckin taxes paying for them!) and make Britain 'green and pleasant' again. Easy peasy!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Maybe by reducing state handouts for the lazy arsed BRITS? Get them into the jobs the Eastern Europeans are doing. That kills two birds with one stone. The chavs are in work, and the chavs are no longer bellyaching about Jonny Foreigner nicking their jobs.

Better still, drown the lot of them, knock down their affordable housing (affordable to them because it's my feckin taxes paying for them!) and make Britain 'green and pleasant' again. Easy peasy!
                      Well said!

Comment

I have my own 'daily mailesque' story.
                        I spoke to an electrician mate this morning. I was asking about the work situation around London.
                        He managed to get on a contract at the olympic site.
                        Two days in and a Russian guy comes up to him asking who he is working 'under'
                        In no uncertain terms he was told not to turn up for work again or he would be injured.
                        I have no reason to doubt my mate, he is a normal family guy trying to find work.
                        They say that 85% of people on the Olympic site is local labour.
                        Does that just mean they live or are staying within 10 miles of Stratford?

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                          Two days in and a Russian guy comes up to him asking who he is working 'under'
                          In no uncertain terms he was told not to turn up for work again or he would be injured.
                          Did this Russian guy own a huge yacht and a scummy southern football team? If so, I think his grasp of English was not so good. He mistook your mate for Didier Drogba.

Comment

Did this Russian guy own a huge yacht and a scummy southern football team? If so, I think his grasp of English was not so good. He mistook your mate for Didier Drogba.
                            Champions league this week, don't suppose you have any interest?

Comment

You're a funny man...

It's a real pickle for me, ONE of them is going to go through. I suppose it's down to who I hate the least on the day - probably Chelsea then...

Comment

You're a funny man...

It's a real pickle for me, ONE of them is going to go through. I suppose it's down to who I hate the least on the day - probably Chelsea then...
                                With Fernando scoring the winner!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X