Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen/3 inch lift????

howdy folks.
    Rite iv been lookin into 3 inch suspension lifts for my 3rd gen for the past few wks..where i off road is pretty rough an id like the extra ground clearance and articulation.
    iv looked online an the only dealers i can seem to find that do a 3 inch lift is toytec an other american companys but my problem is none of the seem to deliver outside of america

so wat im wonderin is do anyone know of any dealers of any 3 inch lift kits(not spacers)
    or would LC rear springs work in a 3rd gen?an if so wat shocks could i use to match the 3 inch spring?
    an wat are my options wit front shocks an springs to match?

would LC front an rear shocks an springs fit a 3rd gen??they share a similiar chassis dont they??if the springs give the rear of 2nd gen 3 inch lift surely they'd do the same for a 3rd gen if they'll fit??

and also does anyone know where i could get a panhard drop bracket to match a 3 inch lift??an a 1 inch diff drop for the front diff?

thanks
    dara
    Last edited by Dara; 29 March 2011, 21:37.

afternoon Dara

don't know of anyone who has done a 3" suspension lift on a 3rd gen but a few have done a 2" boylift and a 1" suspension lift and the search button should be able to help.

If you are determined to do a 3" suspension lift, only firm I've heard of is LA Supertrux - link here http://www.supertrux.com/

hope this helps & good luck

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
      ...2" boylift...
      ??

From a more helpful point of view I don't know if these guys kits fit 3rd gens but even if they do you'd have to make up your own bumper brackets (which isn't too demanding judging by the ones I've got waiting to be used for my 2nd gen bodylift)

http://xpajun.com/index.php?cPath=41...cfttlmp6b1v761

You'd have to get some suitably thick sheet metal and use an angle grinder to cut out the right size/shape brackets.

You'll probably be able to get the other stuff (rad hoses, fuel line, etc) from a local motor factors but I suspect that would be more of a "see when you get there" kinda thing cos you never know if things will be long enough to fit or not until you try it...

Good luck! Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along shortly.
      Last edited by Rustinho; 29 March 2011, 16:57.

Comment

my plan is 3 inch suspension lift an a 1 to 1 an 1/2 inch body lift max wit some 285/75/16's
        dont wana use too much body lift or coil spring spacers

Comment

Theres no one that does an "out of the box" 3" suspension lift for the KZN185 in the UK.
          2" is common and easily obtainable

What size tyres do you plan on fitting, as a 2" lift with 305/70/16 s will give you that extra 1 inch.

Basically 33s...
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            Theres no one that does an "out of the box" 3" suspension lift for the KZN185 in the UK.
            2" is common and easily obtainable

What size tyres do you plan on fitting, as a 2" lift with 305/70/16 s will give you that extra 1 inch.

Basically 33s...
            ya that the prob cant find anywhere that has an outta the box 3 inch lift only in america an none them companys iv been onto will deliver internationaly unfortunately.
            jus wanted to know if anyone knew of a company anywhere that will.

i was plannin or runnin 285/75/16's or 305/70/16's still havent fully made up my mind on tyre size yet

Comment

If you're really serious about it, there are companies in the US that will receive a parcel on your behalf. Basically they give you a US address, they then post the parcel to you. For a fee of course.
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Toytec in the states do a 3" lift, but from what I have read if you want your front CV joints to stand a chance anything over a 2" suspension lift and you want to look into a front diff dropping kit.

From my research The most common setup on 3rd gens is 2" body, 2" suspension, for 33s(285s). 305s tend to rub.

I'm tempted with the 2" + 2" setup and 33s, I just need to work out of I'll still be able to get into multi story car parks, as unfortunately my truck has to be practical

Should have a stance like this, which I think is pretty much spot on, but I'd add spacers

More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                  If you're really serious about it, there are companies in the US that will receive a parcel on your behalf. Basically they give you a US address, they then post the parcel to you. For a fee of course.
                  hmmm sounds like an idea...although id prob need the vasoline for the fee such a company would charge...couldn imagine shippin on 4 shocks an springs bein cheap direct from a company in the US nevermind gettin a middle man involved to ship them.

got any looks to an companies over there that ship??mite look further into it if i cant come up wit anythin else

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                    Toytec in the states do a 3" lift, but from what I have read if you want your front CV joints to stand a chance anything over a 2" suspension lift and you want to look into a front diff dropping kit.

From my research The most common setup on 3rd gens is 2" body, 2" suspension, for 33s(285s). 305s tend to rub.

I'm tempted with the 2" + 2" setup and 33s, I just need to work out of I'll still be able to get into multi story car parks, as unfortunately my truck has to be practical
                    toytec was one of the first companies i got in touch wit but unfortunately they wont deliver outside of the US or canada

if i can get the 3 inch susp lift i will def be doin a diff drop iv done a good bit of research on it on yotatech.com an toyota4runner.com

iv looked into 2 inch susp lift an 2 inch body lift wit 33's but id prefer the 3 inch susp lift an 1 inch body lift if i can get it

multi story car parks arent too much trouble for me round where i live as theres alot of smaller car parks wit no height barriers to worry about

Comment

Can I ask why you want to get most of your lift from suspension?

Over 2" and you are probably looking at adjustable panard brackets too, not to mention pushing the centre of gravity up.

Not knocking it, it just seems like a lot of work if your overall goal is only +4" (not including tyres!)
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                        Can I ask why you want to get most of your lift from suspension?

Over 2" and you are probably looking at adjustable panard brackets too, not to mention pushing the centre of gravity up.

Not knocking it, it just seems like a lot of work if your overall goal is only +4" (not including tyres!)
                        for that extra bit clearance underneath an extra bit of articulation
                        where iv been offroadin lately is pretty rough an wouldn mind tryin some of the rougher stuff thats in the same area

ill def need a panhard drop bracket for anythin over 2 inch lift but i'll sort that before i fit anythin

ah its not really extra work it's only findin a supplier thats the hard bit
                        Last edited by Dara; 29 March 2011, 21:11.

Comment

anyone else have some info that mite help me?

Comment

Its been a long time since I've looked into this, but IIRC in the US they fit LC springs to lift their 4runners, don't know how much lift this gives them. Have a search over on www.yotatech.com
                            Maurice
                            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr View Post
                              Its been a long time since I've looked into this, but IIRC in the US they fit LC springs to lift their 4runners, don't know how much lift this gives them. Have a search over on www.yotatech.com
                              You get a 3 inch lift with LC springs, but that's on the rears and on a 2nd gen.
                              The fronts on a 3rd gen are strut assemblies.
                              Personally, if I was desperate for 3 inches I'd go with standard 2 inch and then add spacers, or 33 inch tyres, which give the same result.

Actually if I wanted 3 inches I'd have to fold it over a few times, badabing
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X