roughtrax first bad experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    Oh for pity's sake. I remember a thread on a forum that ran and ran for a while because some guy's Vanquish wasn't up to scratch. But then he'd spent £280,000 on it, so I guess it was worth a few pages.
    15 quid?
    Yes, but "it's the principle".

Those little buggers will be the death of us all.

Comment

Egos man!!! Its all about being right, at all costs...
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Egos man!!! Its all about being right, at all costs...
        I am the ego man, I am the ego man, I am the walrus.

Comment

You're not treating this thread with the gravitas it deserves...

(and I am, obviously! )

back on track.......

What was wrong with that Vanquish?
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
            me too

i fit uj couplings from car size to the size of a dinner plate on a regular basis - it takes a bit of patience and practice to make sure you don't nip a roller.

i never use a press even on the biggest ones cos you cant feel the drag on the cap. hand pressure in a vice is all thats needed to pop them in.
            i like the the quote[ dont nip a roller ] i was taught that when i was a apprentice , done it 3 times , after a threat of dismisal never done it again , that was 30 y ago working on bedford lorrys
            JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

You're not treating this thread with the gravitas it deserves...

(and I am, obviously! )

back on track.......

What was wrong with that Vanquish?
              Oh you know, serious stuff, like the cut lines on the doors didn't line up to the mm, and the aerial didn't look right.
              The sort of stuff that makes you wonder why someone would buy a hand built supercar... Incidentally you can buy one for not far north of £30k these days. Now that is a bargain. They'll be worth a fortune one day IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                i like the the quote[ dont nip a roller ] i was taught that when i was a apprentice , done it 3 times , after a threat of dismisal never done it again , that was 30 y ago working on bedford lorrys
                I worked on bedfords 30 years ago too.

I've dropped rollers lots of times, but because I fitted the UJs using a vice, I noticed right away. Over the years I'll have fitted hundreds of them, like Tony, Garry, You and Barry (all of whom I disagree with ), but I have never broken a cap, ever. As Tony said earlier, the forces are all wrong, there is no lateral movement, there is a lip on the joint to stop it moving into the cap.

I can honestly say, I've never seen a cap fail on its own.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I hope you know where they where made, or you'll owe Barry a public apology, making a public statment like that.
                  I did say prob made in taiwan, not that they are, and if i'm wrong then yes i will post an apology, but i'd want to see proof first.

Everyone makes mistakes. What is so wrong with a supplier standing up for their products and even daring to suggest the customer was wrong, after they admitted fitting then in an unapproved way!
                  Nothing what so ever i don't have a problem with that at all, it's just the way it was delt with, they didn't even want to see the UJ to check if it was a bad one, who knows if a whole batch is bad! not say they are or even if that's possible, but if i was a supplier i would have want to see it and poss get it tested just for peace of mind that it wasn't a manufacturing fault.

Just my point of view thats all, if i made something and it went wrong, i would want it back for checking, i wouldn't tell the customer that i didn't want to see it and it was all his fault unless i had it in front of me and i could either see why it had gone faulty or had got it tested.

Comment

Can one of you explain the failure mode then? Or at least post up pictures of the broken part so that we can see it.

Comment

I know your pain.
                      I bought a steak bake from Gregs today. Fecin thing was only marginally cooler than the sun. Near took the lips clean off me, did they care, did they fec, the old dear behind the counter said "get some ginger doon you and stop being a big lassie".

I won't be back well not until I fancy another steak bake.
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                        I know your pain.
                        I bought a steak bake from Gregs today. Fecin thing was only marginally cooler than the sun. Near took the lips clean off me, did they care, did they fec, the old dear behind the counter said "get some ginger doon you and stop being a big lassie".

I won't be back well not until I fancy another steak bake.
                        You should definitely demand another one. Or start a petition. A petition should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          Can one of you explain the failure mode then? Or at least post up pictures of the broken part so that we can see it.
                          he did send me a pic i'll see if i can find it

Comment

I sell paint. A customer came in yesterday and said the tin of paint she bought had fallen off the shelf and the top had come off. She felt that the top should not have come off and that I should give her another tin of paint.
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

One of the guys from work bought one of those electric paint rollers from B&Q, along with the required paint.

He used it, thought it was rubbish and took it back. Somehow, they refunded hom for the machine AND the paint!

Comment

right this seems to be getting a bit silly now
                                ive already stated i didnt ring up to get a refund or a replacement part as i dropped it at a company that rebuilds props and ive had it fully refurbished so its like new and yes they did comment about the joint but im not going into that as thats their opinion.
                                the thing i posted about was the attitude i got on the phone , then i started to think maybe i over reacted and changed the title of the thread.
                                then i see the post by roughtrax on here saying i said something that i didnt say , and calling me a liar . thats what annoyed me .
                                so can we just get over this now and move on to more positiveness, lifes to short to dwindle over pointless shit . ive had a crap day with the wifes mum being rushed to hospital, a simple job turning into a nightmare (window rubber replacements on a 38year old vw camper). and now im running out of alcahol.

please lets all just move on and try to get along
                                PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X