No announcement yet.

roughtrax first bad experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with Tony on this, a UJ cap can't break in use. My guess is that you either used the wrong type of spigot to push it in (socket for instance) or a needle has come adrift on the opposite bearing to the one you were fitting when the cap burst (you pushed the whole joint ouver and burst the cap on the other side).

I'm not having a go either, just saying it as I see it. Like Tony, if a UJ broke when I was fitting it (or shortly afterwards), I'd know it was me that had done something wrong.

As a matter of interest, how many UJs have you fitted?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Both myself and my brother have bought from Barry for over 5yrs.
      Never had a problem when exchanging a faulty part. I ha spot lights off him years ago and after almost a full year the backs had rusted, he replaced them free of charge.
      We also had a problem with a head and even at £600 a pop he replaced it once the supplier had inspected it.

All I can say is both Alan and myself have nothing but good experiance when it comes to Barry and his team.

Brian
      Brian

Comment

i agree with Brian
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
          i agree with Brian
          He's not the Messiah...

He's a very naughty boy.

Comment

I agree with Roughtrax.

Can none of us think for ourselves these days?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I agree with Roughtrax.

Can none of us think for ourselves these days?
              me too

i fit uj couplings from car size to the size of a dinner plate on a regular basis - it takes a bit of patience and practice to make sure you don't nip a roller.

i never use a press even on the biggest ones cos you cant feel the drag on the cap. hand pressure in a vice is all thats needed to pop them in.

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
                He's not the Messiah...

He's a very naughty boy.
                very very
                Brian

Comment

So are we saying that a part could never have an undetected fault, hair line fracture that went undetected in quality control? I admit they are few and far between but it does happen.

Now i know Animal pretty well and i know his capabilities, he has done a lot of customising work inc complete builds and a lot of work as you all know on Hilux trucks. if he tells me it wasn't down to him then i know he is telling me the truth, and going by what proptech told him just confirms that it was a shit piece prob made in taiwan, or should that be tai####. (that's TAIW A N K)

I'M WITH ANIMAL

Comment

I can't think for myself - i agree with EVERYBODY
                    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by zetec rob View Post
                      So are we saying that a part could never have an undetected fault, hair line fracture that went undetected in quality control? I admit they are few and far between but it does happen.

Now i know Animal pretty well and i know his capabilities, he has done a lot of customising work inc complete builds and a lot of work as you all know on Hilux trucks. if he tells me it wasn't down to him then i know he is telling me the truth, and going by what proptech told him just confirms that it was a shit piece prob made in taiwan, or should that be tai####. (that's TAIW A N K)

I'M WITH ANIMAL
                      I don't know him very well, only by his actions on the forum and seems a pretty straight up guy.

I also know UJ's pretty well, its not a fault I can see happening. It is a fault I got told could happen in college if you hit the caps to hard installing them. They are hardened, so brittle. The same would happen if you pressed them in to hard, the cap could try and ride over the lip at the yoke end and could crack.

I hope you know where they where made, or you'll owe Barry a public apology, making a public statment like that.

I have these UJ's on my truck, grease nipple position aside they havn't been any trouble, and that never having be able to grease them!

Animal HAS made a mistake using a press to fit them, it shouldn't be needed, no where has he entertained the possiblity he fitted them bady, that would be my first thought had this happened to me.

Everyone makes mistakes. What is so wrong with a supplier standing up for their products and even daring to suggest the customer was wrong, after they admitted fitting then in an unapproved way!

I'm not sucking up to Roughtrax, I even posted earlier I don't like these UJ's cos of the grease nipple position makes them ungreasable once fitted with a normal grease gun, but R/T havn't done a lot wrong here apart from not blindly pander to a customer.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well, as a change of pace, I don't agree with anybody!
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You never do anyway! Elitest antisocial git.

Comment

WHOA! Now just hang on a minute. Is this thread about the UJ's that are on the Roughtrax site for £15. Or some other UJ?

Comment

Yup, why? Not expecting Genuine Toyota ones for that price?

Comment

Oh for pity's sake. I remember a thread on a forum that ran and ran for a while because some guy's Vanquish wasn't up to scratch. But then he'd spent £280,000 on it, so I guess it was worth a few pages.
                                15 quid?

Comment

Working...
                                X