For you "gun" slingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
    I get on very well with CCI .22 in my 452 as said very good rifle. I also have a 452 in .17hmr lovely gun. On another note local gunshop selling ex serbian military .243 rounds called Privi Partizan £9.40 for 20 ! Ideal for zeroing.
    Why would you want to zero with some cheap rounds if you're not shooting with them?
    The idea of zeroing your sights to the rifle is to give you consistency of shot, and a base point to adjust for wind and elevation, and should therefore be done on a zeroing range, using your regular match load.

Comment

Originally posted by Jools T View Post
      Why would you want to zero with some cheap rounds if you're not shooting with them?
      The idea of zeroing your sights to the rifle is to give you consistency of shot, and a base point to adjust for wind and elevation, and should therefore be done on a zeroing range, using your regular match load.
      Dont do match shooting, the cheaper rounds ensure I am on target for Mr Fox and I find very very little difference with twice as expensive Federals. Dont waste money on range fees either. Lucky enough to have enough land to set up rifle as and when.

Comment

Fair comment, tho still don't really get using a different round, but then i only ever used to shoot TR. (.22 indoor and 7.62) Where a mil out over 1200yds equates to a big difference!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jools T View Post
          I know a couple of people that do this, as you say, there really isn't much point in this for range shooting but there is a valid point to it for quarry shooting. Basically, if your only after vermin then zeroing with your more expensive regular ammunition is essentially "wasted" ammunition as there is no money back on it, they tend to find a cheap ammo to use and because they know precisely how it reacts against their regular ammo, they automatically know exactly what adjustments are needed on the scope, they are then zeroed without firing a single shot of their more expensive stuff.
          Neal

Comment

[ATTACH]30928[/ATTACH]

I just got one of these.

Comment

I'm getting one of these soon now i've finally got my licence
              Last edited by mickyd; 11 April 2011, 21:03.

Comment

Working...
              X