For you "gun" slingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you "gun" slingers

My son just bought this BSA Scorpion, very impressive and quite powerfull, the scope is brilliant and very accurate, silencer really does reduce the noise,
    although at £500 i'd expect a good rifel, made in england too, so we are still produceing some decent stuff
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Very nice! Is it co2 fed or spring?

Comment

Used to have a bsa meteor. Got taken off me tho

Comment

Is that the uprated BR10 ? looks nice
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Sorry to disappoint , i read that BSA was bought out by a Spanish company and the quality has suffered as a result. I was looking at one of these till i read that. I would still consider one. Looking at the daystate instead.

Comment

I have a BSA R10. It's ace! Any BSA can be sent off to John Bowkett for blueprinting, which is money well spent, especially if you have picked up a duff one cheap.. Mine was brand new and faultless from day one though..
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Nice guns those Ian. He next needs to get a rimfire !

Comment

As you might guess i know nowt about guns, no idea what a "rimfire" is,this scorpion is gas opperated, he said!. apparantly he has to take it into the gun shop to get it charged, there is a kit to charge it yourself but it's pricey, i'll get him to read this thread charley,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Its a pcp (pre charged pneumatic), I have an old bsa airsporter some where, I even bought a silencer for it (don't ask why haha its a springer anyway!).
                  Its a nice rifle that one, divers bottle is about £100-150 for all the gubbins or get a pump for about £80 (similar to a bicycle pump).
                  l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Don't do the pump thing, I did, takes bl00dy ages if you've emptied your cylinder and knackering to boot. As Webbo said "rimfire next", can recomend the CZ 452 Silhouette (bolt action) or a nice AR 15 (semi auto) both in .22 .
                    Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                      Don't do the pump thing, I did, takes bl00dy ages if you've emptied your cylinder and knackering to boot. As Webbo said "rimfire next", can recomend the CZ 452 Silhouette (bolt action) or a nice AR 15 (semi auto) both in .22 .
                      You can't go wrong with a 452, had mine 4 years now & it hasn't put a foot wrong & i recon ive fired about 10,000 rounds with it.
                      Only thing i found is that it doesn't like certain bullets & jams with them, seems to work best with reminton hollow points.

As for air rifles i had an air arms s410 before the 452 & that was a cracking bit of kit & super accurate, wish i'd have kept it.
                      Last edited by si tate; 25 March 2011, 22:59.
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I was looking at the R10 at the gunshop in Pickering last week, he did a real good deal with scope £550 complete with swivels and bag...I was tempted but...
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          As for air rifles i had an air arms s410 before the 452 & that was a cracking bit of kit & super accurate, wish i'd have kept it.
                          I have got an air arms s300 air rifle , had it about 15 years and never let me down ,really good air rifle and well made.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
                            I have got an air arms s300 air rifle , had it about 15 years and never let me down ,really good air rifle and well made.
                            I found the best pellets were air arms hunter for accuracy.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                              You can't go wrong with a 452, had mine 4 years now & it hasn't put a foot wrong & i recon ive fired about 10,000 rounds with it.
                              Only thing i found is that it doesn't like certain bullets & jams with them, seems to work best with reminton hollow points.

Try polishing the feed ramp and the inside of the feed adaptor (especially the top, where the bullet comes up and hits just before it's forced to level out and enter the chamber), your not looking to take metal off, just make it really shiny (mirror like), the polish will make it slippery and allows the bullet to feed easier. It's a tip that comes from the AR but after trying on the 452, I now have yet to find any ammunition that won't feed properly. Only takes 2mins to do as well.
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X