Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not

Im not here to argue - only raised a few points was all....
    Last edited by v8greg; 24 March 2011, 20:50.

Comment

Last night I heard a reason there are no HGV road Convoys/Blockades, that anybody found participating will be threatened revoking their Operators Licence

Jess
      nearly 10 years of Surfs
      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Wow, i've started something here! I wasn't getting arsey with anyone for there views, But my view is that fuel tax is to high. Yes, things go up every year, its a fact of life, but the amount fuel has gone up this year alone, is crazy! It seems to have gone up 1-2p a litre every morning i drive past a garage.
        Yes, the country needs to pay off its debt, but how does crippling the population help? Once the debts are paid, a lot of people won't have anything left to spend.
        I'm all for stopping benefits, apart from the people that do actually need it obviously. Including child credits, it was, like apache said, my choice to have a child, so why should the country pay for that.

I need my gas guzzling 4x4 for work, its that simple, i just wish it was easier on the wallet when i fill it up!

Comment

Originally posted by fingers21 View Post
          Wow, i've started something here! I wasn't getting arsey with anyone for there views, But my view is that fuel tax is to high. Yes, things go up every year, its a fact of life, but the amount fuel has gone up this year alone, is crazy! It seems to have gone up 1-2p a litre every morning i drive past a garage.
          Yes, the country needs to pay off its debt, but how does crippling the population help? Once the debts are paid, a lot of people won't have anything left to spend.
          I'm all for stopping benefits, apart from the people that do actually need it obviously. Including child credits, it was, like apache said, my choice to have a child, so why should the country pay for that.

I need my gas guzzling 4x4 for work, its that simple, i just wish it was easier on the wallet when i fill it up!
          I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago...

Yes, fuel tax is high. It is, however, lower than it used to be as a percentage of it's overall cost. In 2001 tax was about 80% of the cost of fuel, today it is about 60% of the overall cost.
          Quentin Wilson (ex Top Gear journo from back in the day & spokesman for the fair fuel campaign) pointed out on the radio this morning that average fuel duty rate in the EU is about half what we pay in the UK so some places do seem to be getting it very cheap. Wonder if we could buy it mail order from wherever in the EU its the cheapest?!

EDIT:

Just out of curiosity I did a quick google search and found this...

http://www.petroldirect.com/

Last edited by Rustinho; 24 March 2011, 21:24.

Comment

Quote- Just out of curiosity I did a quick google search and found this...

now THATs FUNNY Mate ... put a big grin right across this old boat....

TOP NOTCH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
              Just out of curiosity I did a quick google search and found this...

At last, I can get the correct fuel for my DeLorean so I can keep the warranty for its reactor.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

yup

keepin that warranty upto date will keep 'MR Fusion' Happy Im sure....

Comment

I've just had a look at some of these fuel duty sites. According to a couple, fuel duty only went up by 2ppl between September 2009 and november 2010, then came down by 1ppl yesterday.

That's a lot of shite?

Also, the 48ppl that they claim isn't direct tax, is subject to taxation during the manufacturing and tranportation stages.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Great site Rustinho!!!

Just ordered 1000l of Vin Diesel & 10,000l of Super for after the conversion

Comment

Interesting budget analysis...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12835721

I thought this was an interesting analysis of Weds' budget.

Interesting info about pensions & NI/income tax possible merging.

One thing I hadn't seen was the stuff relating to IR35 (which I thought was an absolute nightmare when it came in about 10 years ago) if any of you out there work for yourself or could work for yourself as a contractor, etc.

Comment

Got abuse from a militant type female..as I was driving in Surf in town with windown down.. she screamed "your destroying the planet"

I then pointed out my Surf is my eco wagon my other car is a 4.4 liter V8

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                          Got abuse from a militant type female..as I was driving in Surf in town with windown down.. she screamed "your destroying the planet"

I probably would've lied and said it's running on recycled veg oil! (Which it would be if I could ###### well get hold of any!)

Comment

I think the Surf id pretty green... made 1994 so the bulk of the pollution due to this vehicles construction (industrial pollution) was nearly 30 yrs ago.
                            And if convenient I would happily tank up on veg..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

no rear sensors....

Originally posted by Vultch View Post

.... its a shame when that happens - but I always worry more about my reversing and parking skills at supermarkets.....especially in the vicinity of micra's and Hybrid Synergy DriveŽ prius's... I have noticed that my parking skills are further hampered in these situations by people shouting at me ....

Comment

Working...
                              X