@Apache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Apache

I know you have dabbled with this sort of stuff.
    I have a 4 speed auto, controlled by 3 solenoids. (not Toyota)
    I don't have the shift computer, or a speed sensor.
    So I want to make a semi auto thingy.
    The way this drawing is would be too much for me while off road. 'switch 1 on, switch 2 off' etc.
    Any ideas on a easy to use interface/switch arrangement?
    Ta in advance.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

you could do that with a rotary switch and some relays

Comment

Originally posted by sbd16v View Post
      you could do that with a rotary switch and some relays
      Tell me more, tell me more.

Comment

ill do it once the kids are in bed and i can get on the comp instead of my phone

Comment

ill do it once the kids are in bed and i can get on the comp instead of my phone
          Haha, If they are anything like my kids you'll be up late then.

Comment

Alas...no to rotary switches and relays. You'll need a signal from the big ignition relay. This signal also needs buffering from the tiss and toss solenoid. if you don't do this, a whole stuck in 2nd gear world awaits you. This needs the signal resistance changing from the TPS also.
            I assume this is for your jeep. If so, you can get semi auto changes from the throttle position senser1 ( the bit on the throttle pedal) and the tac motor input...but it's difficult to do.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Alas...no to rotary switches and relays. You'll need a signal from the big ignition relay. This signal also needs buffering from the tiss and toss solenoid. if you don't do this, a whole stuck in 2nd gear world awaits you. This needs the signal resistance changing from the TPS also.
              I assume this is for your jeep. If so, you can get semi auto changes from the throttle position senser1 ( the bit on the throttle pedal) and the tac motor input...but it's difficult to do.
              What it was Graham, when I swapped the motor and box in, I presumed that the main ecu handled the gearchanges, but it doesn't. There is a gearbox ecu (which I don't have)
              The Jeep does drive, If I change manually with the shifter, but I don't have a 1st gear. (only 1-2) so always second. and no TC lockup.
              This looks simple enough to do with the solenoids, except I don't fancy 3 switches that I have to have in a certain sequence to work.

Comment

I posted up a diagram of the circuit I came up with the give a manual option / lockup for the Surf gearbox some time back. It would very likely work with that.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  I posted up a diagram of the circuit I came up with the give a manual option / lockup for the Surf gearbox some time back. It would very likely work with that.
                  The links to yours from here are duff.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53437

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                    What it was Graham, when I swapped the motor and box in, I presumed that the main ecu handled the gearchanges, but it doesn't. There is a gearbox ecu (which I don't have)
                    The Jeep does drive, If I change manually with the shifter, but I don't have a 1st gear. (only 1-2) so always second. and no TC lockup.
                    This looks simple enough to do with the solenoids, except I don't fancy 3 switches that I have to have in a certain sequence to work.
                    There is a problem attempting this with GM/ Chrysler stuff. As you can't get lock up, you really need the transmission in start solenoid (tiss). This tells the chuffin great, relay, in the ignition system, to allow TC lockup.
                    With the Chrysler box, you need to effect a pressure change as well as using a signal.
                    You really need the box ECU to even begin thinking about semi auto...or it's switches for you!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

You really need the box ECU to even begin thinking about semi auto...or it's switches for you!
                      Got it. Ta.

Comment

There is a problem attempting this with GM/ Chrysler stuff. As you can't get lock up, you really need the transmission in start solenoid (tiss). This tells the chuffin great, relay, in the ignition system, to allow TC lockup.
                        With the Chrysler box, you need to effect a pressure change as well as using a signal.
                        im very new to the auto world so excuse me a little

do you just not need to also turn on the TC lockup solinoid when i gear ?

and the last part of your post you say its either ecu or switches how can it be controled by switchs but not a relay system ?

Comment

im very new to the auto world so excuse me a little

do you just not need to also turn on the TC lockup solinoid when i gear ?

and the last part of your post you say its either ecu or switches how can it be controled by switchs but not a relay system ?
                          I was wrong, I said semi-auto, which implied I wanted some sort of intelligence from the box.
                          I don't, I just need to be able to select the gears I want (with or without lockup)

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            I was wrong, I said semi-auto, which implied I wanted some sort of intelligence from the box.
                            I don't, I just need to be able to select the gears I want (with or without lockup)
                            ok so you CAN just sellect the gears manually by putting each soliniod to the correct possition ??

Comment

ok so you CAN just sellect the gears manually by putting each soliniod to the correct possition ??
                              Yarse, I think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X