5 gauge plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 gauge plate

Made this thickish alloy plate up to take the five gauges i removed, just thought it'd look better with em all in one place, also cut the number of switches down from seven to three, one controlls all spotlights, one for the fogs and one for the spot angel eyes and roof bar markers,
    i was gonna cover it in leather cloth but as it a tight fit and i've had to hack the dash about a bit to get it in i sprayed it with "suade" finish plastikote and then with satin black, also done some hacking in order to bring the heater controlls forward a bit, as it used to be i couldn't see the button in use light, got me some wiring to do now
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

As we would expect from you, a beautiful job.
    Last edited by spacast; 8 March 2011, 20:34.

Comment

Looks good! where is it going to fit?

Edit: It's going where the vents and cup holder are? guessing by the shape
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

POPEYE is like Jamie Oliver for cars. Your work is spot on - like it a lot.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          POPEYE is like Jamie Oliver for cars. Your work is spot on - like it a lot.
          That's a bit of a harsh comparison. Jamie Oliver is so irritating that he makes me want to throw solid objects at the TV when he's on it...

Comment

Aye! Jamie Oliver gets on my nerves too but i apprecieate the compliment non the less yes it going where the center vent and cup holder went, years ago i did away with em and fitted 3 gauges and a row of switches there, as i'm sort of re-modeling i decieded to fit em all together, i'll add a pic when their all up and running,

Comment

Nice work Ian !

Comment

Looking quite nice there Ian, i have just ordered that complete part from Rich so i can look at putting my Boost and Temp Guage into it as the new Heater controls and my Alpine Head unit make that area look ever so dismal.

How easy is it to remove the vents etc from that area?
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                  That's a bit of a harsh comparison. Jamie Oliver is so irritating that he makes me want to throw solid objects at the TV when he's on it...
                  Agreed! Him and that horse faced plonker Clarkson should be put in a microwave!!

Comment

Cheer's Dave, apprecieated especially from an expert in things metal (including heavy)
                    Darren, if you mean the clocks surround part it's not too bad to remove, you need to drop the lower dash first, just enough to get at some screws, pop out the small bit of trim around the ign switch, undo the two (i think) screws
                    on the lower sdge, undo the two screws in the top (just above the clear plastic in front of the clocks, unclip the heater front panel (bit with the colored slider wedges on it) and pull the surround clips free, i think (it's been a while) the vents unclip leaveing two square holes, then it out with a hacksaw blade and cut a hole to suit your newly made gauge plate,
                    dont forget you'll have to revove the air duck that goes up to the vents, it like a oblong squar elbow if ya know what i mean, blank off the remaining part of the duct with a plate and sticky tape and you'll then have plenty of room behind there for gauges and wiring etc,
                    dont know if these old pic are any help, i still have that 3 gauge plate if it's any use, the alloy is not as thick as the one i just did but it held 3 gauges in there for best part of 4 years,
                    Attached Files

Comment

Have you got all the gauges you need Ian ? I may have a 63mm panel mount pressure gauge kicking around..

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                        Have you got all the gauges you need Ian ? I may have a 63mm panel mount pressure gauge kicking around..
                        You did send one last time mate thanks, some oil's leaked out of it but it still works(or did last time i fired up the comp), i thought you were takeing the mick at first "have i got all the gauges i need"!!

Comment

Hi Ian

Thanks for the info mate, once i get the new part from Richard i will more than likley use Fiberglass and make some nice looking pods for the two clocks i have.

However yours does look rather interesting what else are you going to monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                            Hi Ian

Thanks for the info mate, once i get the new part from Richard i will more than likley use Fiberglass and make some nice looking pods for the two clocks i have.

However yours does look rather interesting what else are you going to monitor?
                            Ahah! i still have a pair of oil temp gauges which are for the flow/return on the trans atf cooler and a compressor pressure gauge for the air system, think thats about it

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              Ahah! i still have a pair of oil temp gauges which are for the flow/return on the trans atf cooler and a compressor pressure gauge for the air system, think thats about it

I think a simple Boost Gauge and Water Temp Gauge is going to be my limit whilst i do not tow anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X