torsion bar adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
    Issat true? I always thought they just corrected wheel alignment.
    My missus's Pickup has the bars wound right up and the ride is terrible, I think it's on the bumpstops.
    So BJ spacers will improve the ride quality as well?
    Seems that way, yes. I did my lift at first on the bars alone. Ride was very bouncy / choppy, and articulation was awful, even for IFS. Fitted the spacers, wound a load of turns off the bars, and kept the same height. Reduced bounciness, plusher front end, better (!) articulation at the front.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have a set of 4crawler spacers here, you sometimes need to trim the hole in the top wishbone a little to get them in.

They don't help with CV angles, only a diff drop block can do that. I disagree slighty with Yoshie about the blocks, I'd rather have less stress on the CV's in 4WD vs 1" clearance under back of diff.

They do let you run stock pressure on the torsion bars, which leads to better ride and handling.

They do mess with the alignment, specifically the Camber. The wishbones arn't parallel anymore so top of the wheel tucks further than the bottom when suspension moves.

Overall pros outweigh the cons.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
      X