failed lift :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brickin' it...

Don't worry about your birthday drinks, you're already legless, so back off the booze!
    As for the Jack, sorry Greeley, next time tell him to have the vid running. YBF offer £200 per clip and you can send them on line now, but hey that might mean Greeley has to get back on line with you.... hmmm pros/cons...hmmm

Glad you're okay in the whole though, although you/both are tw@ts for cutting corners with safety. 2T on you is not a joke.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

This is how you do it 'safely'...
      http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...marketsusp.htm

Well it's safer than your method anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Only just, those bottle jacks don't look that secure with all the tugging and pushing it takes to get em in.

Better on a 2 or 4 post lift if you can afford it, or know someone with one. mine was a PoP for the mechanic that did it... I helped a little...
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

There's no substitute for feckin big axle stands.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            Only just, those bottle jacks don't look that secure with all the tugging and pushing it takes to get em in.

Better on a 2 or 4 post lift if you can afford it, or know someone with one. mine was a PoP for the mechanic that did it... I helped a little...

I use axle stands (that I made myself 20 years ago) in the position shown in the last big photo in that link, raised just high enough so the tyres clear the ground. Perfect height for fitting the springs.

Comment

well i know now lol and some else is doing it 2moro for me now just hope i can drive it soon and as for greeley he's back on line and wants helping was in his house and heard the truck fall and got me out
              http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

I use axle stands (that I made myself 20 years ago) in the position shown in the last big photo in that link, raised just high enough so the tyres clear the ground. Perfect height for fitting the springs.
                I expect yours have a bigger footprint. Those just look too easy to push over if vehicle moves forward or back, thats all.
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I don't like the look of the 'I' beams either, too many narrow pivot points for my mechanically inclined mind.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That looks about as dangerous as it gets! I particularly like the suggestion on stage 5 of the process next to the picture of a 2 tonne vehicle balanced with it's arse entirely in the air thaks to a jack on the tow bar balanced on top of a couple of girder sections on what looks like a sloping driveway:

"(Note tyres off ground, push down on tyre to create the extra room to get the coil in.) "

Only the ****ing Aussies....... Where you from Luke?
                    Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
                      That looks about as dangerous as it gets!
                      Are you one of those 'elf n safety freaks?

"wait a second dear, I'll just put on my safety goggles before I go down there"
                      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Now this is class post i thought toyota drivers had a bit more nouse about them i'm of to buy a trabant 4x4 now
                        Cheers Si.

Comment

on a serious note though luke take the advice given i've been in the garage trade for nearly 20yrs its to easy to f£$% up.
                          Cheers Si.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye Si View Post
                            i'm of to buy a trabant 4x4 now
                            Did they make one? You have the nouse and are in the trade, spose they must have.
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Did you not see the blue peter special.
                              all you need is 2 loo rolls,some pva glue, some cardboard and a bigger elastic band.
                              Cheers Si.

Comment

well back is now done just the front needs doing now
                                http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
                                X