bizzare shennanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bizzare shennanigans

right peeps need some light shinning on this weird issue. been having a few cooling probs still i posted a few weeks ago ref the pump timing well it got sorted but i forgot to do a coolant pipe up result overheated and cut out, anyways got it running again bled it up and all was fine till now, i have compression tested the head its 425psi on all 4 cylinders and held the pressure. ive also coolant tested the system and that held pressure fine, tested the cap and that was good aswell ive then exhaust gas tested the coolant and thats seems fine, theres no leaks on any of the pipes ive also blocked the rear matrix off taken the tstat out and put a brand new rad on as of yesterdaym, new tstat will be here tomoz a gen yota one. System pressures up fine runs ok till warm, the expansion bottle then fills up to the brim and then the coolant pours out of the overfill pipe till the system has no coolant left in it. so here is the 2 questions i have for you guys.

1: why is the expansion bottle constantly overfilling and pouring the entire system out on to the road?

2: heres the bizarre bit. Why is the water (not using coolant at this second in time) frothing up like fairy liquid and foaming all over the place?

i am 100% certain the head is not cracked. there is no water coming out the exhaust, no water mixture in the oil, no exhaust gas in the coolant/water? no leaks, its had new rad cap, new tstat as of tomoz but no tstat fitted as of today, new rad. PLEASE HELP HEAD IS DONE IN MASSIVILY
    UBIQUE

Sorry, Heads cracked.
    www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

how can that be when all the tests ive done have come back ok???? if the head was cracked surely the coolant system would be pressurised up and the coolant should spout out the filler cap when its removed or the exhaust pressure should release when you take the cap off with a hiss, it doesnt it just foams up, when i dropped the coolant it foamed up in the bucket aswell, i also forgot to mention i flushed the whole system through with clean water i did every single pipe and orafice till the water was clear.
      UBIQUE

Comment

If the coolant is frothing then there's exhaust gasses in it.
        So it's either gasket or head. Have you done a dye test?

Comment

I think its the head or gasket too... perhaps its fine until the engine hits a certain temp for a while and then a crack widens..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I think Murph's right.Head cracks are odd things-I know very little specifically about Surfs, but many years back I had a Fourtrack with a cracked head which only used to pressurise the system and overheat when I was towing more than 1000kg and the turbo was working harder.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              If the coolant is frothing then there's exhaust gasses in it.
              So it's either gasket or head. Have you done a dye test?
              yes mate i have done that test but it stayed blue it never turned yellow. hmmmmmm

sounds fesible with the temp thing, ie when i gets hot it opens up the possible crack, ill have another go with the exhaust test and get the engine redders before i test it.
              UBIQUE

Comment

Do all your coolant pipes and heaters get warm? i.e. is there definitely not air in the system?
                Can you do another dye test / gas test on the water once this gas has frothed through it?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sorry but its the head, we said it last time, it always is, it overheated = cracked head, definatly if its on its orginal one.

You will be the luckiest man in the universe to overheat a 2.4 and not crack it.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I reckon he'd be luckier if two blond Swedish nymphos, on there way to the sex clinic, asked to molest himjust before their treatment...this head is fubared guvnor...best start weighing up the options.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

On the way to work this morning two blonde's stopped me and asked for the nearest hotel room, with room service. I think thats what they were after I had trouble because of their foreign accent. I just about made out that they were lost and had somehow lost their clothes and all they had left was a credit card, the long coats they were wearing and not much else.
                      I was in a rush so couldnt really help them. I gave them Grahams number though so expect a call.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        On the way to work this morning two blonde's stopped me and asked for the nearest hotel room, with room service. I think thats what they were after I had trouble because of their foreign accent. I just about made out that they were lost and had somehow lost their clothes and all they had left was a credit card, the long coats they were wearing and not much else.
                        I was in a rush so couldnt really help them. I gave them Grahams number though so expect a call.
                        Blimey...I'm exhausted!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It appears I should expect a couple of blondes turning up then well had the dye tester on it again and it stayed blue did a cold test and a hot test well as hot as it can be with Tstat out. Dye is as blue as it came out the bottle. Also my heaters as scorchio. But a twist in the tale the foaming has now stopped and the expansion is not overfilling, other than the dye test all I did was flush the sytrm through again thouroughly. This might make ya giggle it seems the cheap ass coolant I bought from motor count wasn't coolant it was flicking screenwash in a coolant bottle I've had 3 diff peeps have a look at the stuff and it's defo screenwash. Foaming= screenwash after another good flush through today no foaming at all so bring on the blondes peeps I will keep ya informed if I have any more probs with it.
                          UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
                            the cheap ass coolant I bought from motor count wasn't coolant it was flicking screenwash in a coolant bottle I've had 3 diff peeps have a look at the stuff and it's defo screenwash. F.

Comment

at least cooling system will be clean!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X