Another power steering issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another power steering issue.

Hi Chaps, I have read a couple of other threads but can't seem to find and answer. The issue I have is that my steering has been getting stiff and a tad noisy, just got to work and into the cark park and it was a pain to park. I will check fluids and drive belt in the morning and hopefully it is going to be one of them. If not I guess it will be pump off and a refurb kit. Any other ideas received gratefully....Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping to pick up some of them special glasses, the ones that let you see through the bonnet without opening it.
    Hopefully then I can diagnose stuff from my front room window.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Hi Chaps, I have read a couple of other threads but can't seem to find and answer. The issue I have is that my steering has been getting stiff and a tad noisy, just got to work and into the cark park and it was a pain to park. I will check fluids and drive belt in the morning and hopefully it is going to be one of them. If not I guess it will be pump off and a refurb kit. Any other ideas received gratefully....Thanks in advance.
        try troubleshooting thead in 2.4 2.8 section

point 80
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

On this vein, I have a slight leak of fluid from my power steering pump, so I bought some of that 'power steering stop leak' stuff and lobbed it in.
          It hasn't totally cured it, but it has slowed it down quite a bit.

Comment

I used about 4 of those on our mini digger, was leaking badly around one of the tracks, worked great!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
              I used about 4 of those on our mini digger, was leaking badly around one of the tracks, worked great!

Good thinking, my Kubota does leak a bit too.

Comment

Mmmmm ...

Comment

Wossat face for, LOL, its probably only short of fluid, or even better a loose belt!

Forget about the bad things till you've checked the easy stuff.

THEN you can come on here and moan about it!

Comment

Working...
                  X