Off roading Q.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    "pop" the Surf on its two offside wheels to reduce the footprint to allow me to do that?
    I take it geometry wasn't your best subject?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Drive within the vehicle's limits and you'll be fine.
      I'll remember that the next time a child runs out in front of me, or someone pulls out unexpectedly on the motorway...
      Thanks for the advice.

I don't believe so many people AGREE that reducing the safety of your vehicles is not only acceptable but encouraged!

Hey, why not take off the brake servo aswell, and then drive within the vehicles stopping distances...

Off road, yes, daily drive, WHY?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
        I'll remember that the next time a child runs out in front of me, or someone pulls out unexpectedly on the motorway...
        Thanks for the advice.

I don't believe so many people AGREE that reducing the safety of your vehicles is not only acceptable but encouraged!

Hey, why not take off the brake servo aswell, and then drive within the vehicles stopping distances...

Off road, yes, daily drive, WHY?
        ARBs are a comfort aid, brake servos are a safety aid.

Comment

I take it geometry wasn't your best subject?
          No I use Google maps nowadays.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            No I use Google maps nowadays.
            Good boy...

Comment

ARBs are a comfort aid, brake servos are a safety aid.
              okay, so removing ARBs doesn't affect centre of gravity/weight distribution onto the wheels and subsequently grip available, but increasing the front stiffness or alternatively reducing the rear stiffness (removal) increases understeer.
              Altering the vehicle's balance is surely a safety issue is it not?

I'm not being pedantic, but just want to understand the effects of removing this seemingly unnecessary bit of kit from our vehicles...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                okay, so removing ARBs doesn't affect centre of gravity/weight distribution onto the wheels and subsequently grip available, but increasing the front stiffness or alternatively reducing the rear stiffness (removal) increases understeer.
                Google it again and put the above into context.

Comment

Wolfie, search on here, there's loads of information on ARBs, what their purpose is and what can and can't be done with them.

Suspension mods are a package, part of that package is altering your driving style to suit what you've done.

Comment

Wolfie, search on here, there's loads of information on ARBs, what their purpose is and what can and can't be done with them.

Suspension mods are a package, part of that package is altering your driving style to suit what you've done.
                    Thanks, will do. Hope Vidamusic can make an informed choice (sorry for threadhijack Vida!)
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by albannach View Post
                      suspension mods are a package, part of that package is altering your driving style to suit what you've done.
                      qft.

Comment

I think my truck handles worse now on corners since I have fitted the balljoint spacers, might just be my imagination but I'm pretty sure it's worse.
                        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                          I think my truck handles worse now on corners since I have fitted the balljoint spacers, might just be my imagination but I'm pretty sure it's worse.

What can be worse than your imagination?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            What can be worse than your imagination?
                            Judging by his avatar, his imagination's quite healthy
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Judging by his avatar, his imagination's quite healthy
                              I ###### love his Avatar! Kerrsurf, any chance of the full hi res version being emailed to me?! ;-)
                              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X