yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the people with LED rear bulb's in their lens clusters (surfenstein?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely hate the blue tinge to the sidelights! Friend bought them for the Pajero, they stand out too much for my liking.

Thanks for the photos. They look good.

And hope you get well soon. It's okay for the first couple of days being in doors if you're half okay though but with swine flu I bet you were not good at all. All the best.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cheers mate, I've been ill before with the 'flu, but never as ill as this!

Thank goodness for the laptop and and the telly or I'd be demented by now (although I can only use them for a while as my eyes feel like hot coals).
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

BUMP....

Just blown a rear brake light, how did folks get on with the LED replacements? Any particular ones to recommend for reverse and brakes (I know the brake needs a 7443 bulb)?
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Looking back through the thread I can't remember what I bought - but whatever they are, theyre going strong to this day. I think the bulbs are different between 2nd and 3rd gens. I vaguely remember accidentally buying a 3rd gen set, then selling them on, then buying a 2nd gen set but being sent a 3rd gen set instead!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cruise control and LED's

Originally posted by geordie john View Post
            hi, i know this sounds strange, i fitted lexus style rear lights too the truck so wanted led stop and tail bulbs, a little while later i was on a run up to newcastle with the truck on cruise it was getting a bit dusky so switched lights on, soon as i done this cruise went off so i thought a prob with cruise control after inspecting cruise control several times nothing wrong with it just everytime i turned lights on cruise went off, this was doing my head in, so called trusty autolec in found the prob was the led bulbs, so fitted red stop and tail bulbs problem sorted, i have put the standard lights back in with stainless guards think it looks well
            There is nothing wrong with your system and this happens to others cars too, the cruise control on cars monitors the brake pedal (so when you brake it dis engages) it uses the brake light circuit to do this. An LED appears to be an open circuit or a fault as LED's take so little current compared to bulbs. Hence your cruise control thinks there is a fault and refuses to engage.
            Solution you will have to put some load resistors in (connected in parallel to the LED) to fool the system.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Also learned from the t4r.org site that if you fit LED tails and an LED high-level brake light (like in the rear spoiler) that the ABS warning light comes on for the same reason (same fix, too).
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
              X