yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the people with LED rear bulb's in their lens clusters (surfenstein?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the people with LED rear bulb's in their lens clusters (surfenstein?)

I noticed another tail light has gone on my Surf. Actually it's the same side that went 6 months ago..

I would like to just fit LED bulbs like what was posted on here the other week. I have standard lens clusters which are red (standard!) I don't wish to change them at all. Would there be any problems to fitting the LED red bulbs? I can't see any other than the emitted light will look different behind a red cluster. I can't see any light being blocked as a red plastic cluster will let red light through.

Any thoughts?

Cant find the link, sorry. Pretty sure Surfenstein posted an ebay link to them from China but must be wrong as cannot find that post anywhere.

My main reasons for wishing to fit them is longevity and they may be a little better / brighter / quicker to come on by a fraction of a second
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

This is the only thread I can think of off hand, note the last post .
    Am going off line now to fit a camera system front and rear to the truck plus other bits so will be mucking about out there most of the day, I'll check back here about midday-ish so if you want photo's, post on here and I'll fit one of the originals to see what they look like with leds.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=67982&page=2
    Neal

Comment

Cameras facing forward?

Isn't it normal to be looking that direction anyway?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Photos of LED's would be good, I'm currently LED'ing my other car..

from what I have read...(but not seen) go for red LEDs for brake /tail and not white..apparently looks better. Also Orange LED's instead of white for indicators.

Flashing problem, yes the old flasher unit likes to see a bulb and will flash much faster if it just has LED's. But instead of soldering on resistors you can buy dedicated LED flasher units ..about £9.00 ,whip out old flash module replace it and no resistors.
        Sadly I need to go down the resistor route because of (CAN bus),

get some pics up when you can

also not painted LED's (never seen them)...but proper coloured LED's they can be engineered to produce specific colours
        Last edited by Vultch; 1 February 2011, 13:47.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Thats the post I was looking for! I was getting confused with another member. Thanks for that!
          Just bought two of those http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-7440-7443...76032759552023
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Who's interested in these:
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REVERSING-BLEE...43744001819197
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I did bookmark these on my travels:

http://www.ultraauto.co.uk/Clearance...9/Default.aspx

These are the clear/chrome Lexus blingy lights, they are advertised in Toyota clearance area @ £30 a pair but when you click through they are £60 a pair... Not my thing really but cheap if they honour the clearance price.

Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                I noticed another tail light has gone on my Surf. Actually it's the same side that went 6 months ago..

I would like to just fit LED bulbs like what was posted on here the other week. I have standard lens clusters which are red (standard!) I don't wish to change them at all. Would there be any problems to fitting the LED red bulbs? I can't see any other than the emitted light will look different behind a red cluster. I can't see any light being blocked as a red plastic cluster will let red light through.

Any thoughts?

Cant find the link, sorry. Pretty sure Surfenstein posted an ebay link to them from China but must be wrong as cannot find that post anywhere.

My main reasons for wishing to fit them is longevity and they may be a little better / brighter / quicker to come on by a fraction of a second
                hi, i know this sounds strange, i fitted lexus style rear lights too the truck so wanted led stop and tail bulbs, a little while later i was on a run up to newcastle with the truck on cruise it was getting a bit dusky so switched lights on, soon as i done this cruise went off so i thought a prob with cruise control after inspecting cruise control several times nothing wrong with it just everytime i turned lights on cruise went off, this was doing my head in, so called trusty autolec in found the prob was the led bulbs, so fitted red stop and tail bulbs problem sorted, i have put the standard lights back in with stainless guards think it looks well
                Last edited by geordie john; 1 February 2011, 13:00.
                15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

I often have a look at these too (on the ebay.COM US website):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98-99-00-TOYOTA-4RUNNER-L-E-D-TAILLIGHTS-LED-SMOKE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ 3a4RunnerQ7cYearQ3a1996QQhashZ item45eecf1219QQitemZ300359291 417QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5 fPartsQ5fAccessories

I wonder, even if adding fog bulbs to these, would they be MOT failures?

$142 + shipping...
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

They look nice
                    If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66566

The led lamps are much brighter,
                      If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Thanks for the link. The white LED lamp / bulb you have in one of the photos is this the reversing light or is that the brake light? The ones I bought are red LED and is going behind the red cluster lens for the brake light. I think this should be okay though.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The first pic is with red leds in and the second is with a conventional bulb, the camera pics up a slight improvment with the leds but in all honesty it's not a huge difference to look at, at night however this may be a whole different kettle of fish and I suspect it will be quite a difference.
                          Might even leave these clusters in for a while as I like to change them over once in a while, keeps the nosy neighbours on their toes.
                          Attached Files
                          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Cameras facing forward?

Isn't it normal to be looking that direction anyway?

The front camera works with a sort of fish eye lens (a bit like the optional extra on the new landcruisers), it can see from side to side, I have a few roads that don't have very good junctions but your pulling out onto 60mph roads, so with this I don't have to stick the nose of the truck out to far to see, once I know there's no one about to take my nose off I can go forward for a proper look. As you can guess the roads maybe 60's but people don't always just stick to that hence the extra front vision.
                            Neal

Comment

I have the red led tail /stop lights that you've just ordered. Got them last week but haven't fitted them yet as I've been in bed, for the last 4 days, with swine flu (don't need any oink, oink jokes thanks I feel bad enough as it is!)

I might get them fitted at the weekend, but the way I feel at the minute I might not! I think there may be more chance of yours getting delivered and fitted before mine go in.

I'm sure Blackpoolsparks ordered his before me, so he might have his fitted by now.

Hardest thing to find are pure white led sidelight bulbs, bought 3 sets now and every one has a blue tinge!
                              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                              X