Fuel prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
    there is that aswell mate, we have some very big lads in our corps.

i agree with andy on the kit being developed and brought in to service and how they go about it, also agree on the false media coverage that we dont have enough kit or any decent kit we do on both counts its just taken a long time to procure it. and on andys comment ref vehicles and electronic kit yes the new kit is good at what it is designed to do and yes the new kit has saved many a life.
    Having seen the latest generation stuff that you train your combat people to operate I feel quite left behind with all this technology...And suffice to say having spent my youth tear arseing round various theatres of ops in Landys and Pigs, unarmed Wessex/Pumas oh and god forbid a Scimitar we thought we were invincible ! we never thought that a soft skin landy couldn't get us out of trouble ??? Having stalled mine when the bricks and petrol bombs came raining down, they did get warm, but it always seemed that the other guy bought it and he was unlucky, I am just a sad old moaner but have my 'battle scars mentaly and physicaly, but my point is that I will not stand by and see our front line forces maligned in such a way, they do not deserve it !

I'm going to rant at my staff now because again we have run out of coffee and my admin manager is away in sunnier climes working with the RLC in the T/A
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
      there is that aswell mate, we have some very big lads in our corps.

i agree with andy on the kit being developed and brought in to service and how they go about it, also agree on the false media coverage that we dont have enough kit or any decent kit we do on both counts its just taken a long time to procure it. and on andys comment ref vehicles and electronic kit yes the new kit is good at what it is designed to do and yes the new kit has saved many a life.
      Ah but that's because you're in the sappers. You could cobble together decent kit with two rocks and some paracord...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
        Ah but that's because you're in the sappers. You could cobble together decent kit with two rocks and some paracord...
        Very true lol
        UBIQUE

Comment

We DO have a large deficit, we are not Zimbabwe. It needs repaying.

Soldiers feckin rock. If they do something you don't like, it's under orders...even when labour acted unlawfully, they are under orders...this is nit Zimbabwe.

Fuel prices are a feckin joke. It's not suddenly become a joke, they have been a joke for years....it's not suddenly a cameronite, coalitionite, whateverite...so stop the bollix.

The ONLY way to drive the cost of something down, is to stop making it so popular.

Walk,cycle, hopscotch or whatever. If you think about it, you will make at least one unnecessary journey a day or week. If you live up a mountain, you are allowed loads of leeway. If you lI've near a town, feckin walk to your job/shop/whatever, just once.
          I've given up smoking...can you tell...fckers.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            That means you have to give up coffee as well.

Then you have to give up alcohol.

Then food, because you become fat.

Best get back on the fags.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Besides, no one likes a quitter...

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                We DO have a large deficit, we are not Zimbabwe. It needs repaying.

Soldiers feckin rock. If they do something you don't like, it's under orders...even when labour acted unlawfully, they are under orders...this is nit Zimbabwe.

Fuel prices are a feckin joke. It's not suddenly become a joke, they have been a joke for years....it's not suddenly a cameronite, coalitionite, whateverite...so stop the bollix.

The ONLY way to drive the cost of something down, is to stop making it so popular.

Walk,cycle, hopscotch or whatever. If you think about it, you will make at least one unnecessary journey a day or week. If you live up a mountain, you are allowed loads of leeway. If you lI've near a town, feckin walk to your job/shop/whatever, just once.
                Good on ya for giving up smoking! I'm in the process of doing the same myself. Keep at it mate!!
                It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
                  Good on ya for giving up smoking! I'm in the process of doing the same myself. Keep at it mate!!
                  Ta.

I've actually been off then a couple of weeks now, but needed to blame my rant on something. I needed to quit smoking to afford unleaded.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Did I mention that I don't give a toss how much fuel costs? If I did care, I'd walk, cycle, skateboard or not go to wherever it was; I'd certainly not have a Surf and a V8 Lexus at my front door...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                      If i looked out the window and there was someone getting their head kicked in, raped, tortured, whatever then i`d go out and try to do something about it. This applies to people i cant see too no matter how far away they are, dont give a sh1t about weapons of mass destruction or whatever the official reasons are what it comes down to for me is as simple as people are getting hurt, we could help stop it so we should
                      No i`m not in any of the armed forces i`m too old but given the chance i`d of gone and at least tried and i take my hat off to all those who did go
                      We did after all do naff all about hitler untill it was too late
                      I could not agree more.

Comment

• Bl00dy Army Cutbacks

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

• Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                          We did after all do naff all about hitler untill it was too late
                          What's Hitler got to do with the UK's tax regime?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            Godwins law strikes again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                              Godwins law strikes again...
                              Yep. At least it keeps the other emotive arguments out of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                he was a chancellor

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                                X