New surf required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    (Thanks Andy, couldn't manage without you )
    No worries, any time
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

No. Mine doesn't either. No big deal.

If you think you might forget your in 4WD on tarmac, then multimode could save you a big bill, but if you're not an airhead, then you're not really gaining much - and bargains are to be had from AK.
      A couple of questions then , can i assume then that of the surfs he has for sale , they will be ok to drive in 4 wheel mode on dry tarmac as they are all 3rd gens and look identical in most ways to mine ,and secondly if i travel from Cambridge to Bolton with max of £4000 in cash and haggle a bit i should be able to come away with a relatively sound surf and possibly a bit of money left over. I know any second hand motor always has a gamble involved but is this something any of you more learnered guys would do. At present im torn between a merc estate and a surf. I have had both but am really desperate for another surf. All advice is really appreciated. Thanks again

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
        A couple of questions then , can i assume then that of the surfs he has for sale , they will be ok to drive in 4 wheel mode on dry tarmac as they are all 3rd gens and look identical in most ways to mine
        No. There's no way to tell from the outside. Can I ask why you want to drive ob dry tarmac in 4WD?

,and secondly if i travel from Cambridge to Bolton with max of £4000 in cash and haggle a bit i should be able to come away with a relatively sound surf and possibly a bit of money left over. I know any second hand motor always has a gamble involved but is this something any of you more learnered guys would do. At present im torn between a merc estate and a surf. I have had both but am really desperate for another surf. All advice is really appreciated. Thanks again
        Paul
        Only you can answer that one. £4k is a good budget, but be aware he does read this forum so keep your powder dry and dont tell him you've got 4 grand!.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

A couple of questions then , can i assume then that of the surfs he has for sale , they will be ok to drive in 4 wheel mode on dry tarmac
          No, the 2.7 does not have MM.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            No, the 2.7 does not have MM.
            Is that the £2400 one? I reckon you'd get that for £2k - thats a bargain any day of the week.

Just think of the telly / holiday etc the change would get you
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Is that the £2400 one? I reckon you'd get that for £2k - thats a bargain any day of the week.

Just think of the telly / holiday etc the change would get you
              It's my mate, Mark, that was thinking about it, I'm happy with my 2nd gen just now.

Comment

No. There's no way to tell from the outside. Can I ask why you want to drive ob dry tarmac in 4WD?

I dont but i was told that some of the surfs you cant drive on non slippery conditions in 4 wheel drive.

Only you can answer that one. £4k is a good budget, but be aware he does read this forum so keep your powder dry and dont tell him you've got 4 grand!.
                Thankyou, i will not disclose what spondoolies i have to part with. Anything i should be wary of when looking at the surfs.

Comment

Working...
                X