No announcement yet.

Hat off to Autoglym Super Gloss Polish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat off to Autoglym Super Gloss Polish!

decided to see if I could get rid of the Shropshire Laughter Lines the surf developed back in October.... and just thought I'd show off my new lights!
    Before:

After

Still got side 2 to do yet!
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Nothing like a good t-cut & polish session!

Well done mate, she looks stunning now, but ya need to get some wire-wool and wd40 on them back quarter bumpers..
    Wire wool wont scratch em either, just spray WD on and rub off the rust, comes straight off, clean it up with a cloth, then spray bit more WD over exposed areas
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Random question - did you buy that truck off a Polish eBayer in Burton-on-Trent a couple of years ago?!

Comment

looks good mate
        have you seen that miget with no legs take pictures of ya truck
        or is it a ghost
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Random question - did you buy that truck off a Polish eBayer in Burton-on-Trent a couple of years ago?!
          Er, no, but what do ya know?
          I might be able to add some info if you're right...
          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
            Nothing like a good t-cut & polish session!

Well done mate, she looks stunning now, but ya need to get some wire-wool and wd40 on them back quarter bumpers..
            Wire wool wont scratch em either, just spray WD on and rub off the rust, comes straight off, clean it up with a cloth, then spray bit more WD over exposed areas
            Not even T-cut, just polish!
            The only use wire wool would be on the rear quarters would be as reinfircement for filler. They're all the way through, and the rust is just well, there instead of a hole, if you see what I mean.

Better get in the queue for some more....
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

aah! i need to buy some too, and when i do, i'm gonna seal the back of them, then seal them, them seal on top of that, then put a layer of seal on, then seal it.............
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                aah! i need to buy some too, and when i do, i'm gonna seal the back of them, then seal them, them seal on top of that, then put a layer of seal on, then seal it.............
                What about the fronts! Isn't it the chroming "thickness" thats the issue?
                I'd be happy with plastic equivs. Does anyone do them?

Also on a different note, "Wonder wheels" alloy wheel cleaner (strong acid) brings up the white lettering a treat.
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post

Also on a different note, "Wonder wheels" alloy wheel cleaner (strong acid) brings up the white lettering a treat.

So does Vim. Or Cim or whatever the feck it's called now!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                    You cleaned your tyres with strong acid?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      So does Vim. Or Cim or whatever the feck it's called now!
                      Oh yes, forgot about that, used to use it on my white trainers. Vim as it was had a bleach in it. Good $hit that stuff!
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

vim
                        i seem it used when i was a kid
                        i did not even know it was still around

any rubber that been on will need treating with an rubber protector
                        i never buy any autoglim its called rubber treatment or tango
                        i use vasalin
                        its the best stuff for rubber
                        thats why its on jonnys its not for lube its for self life
                        its the best thing on the rubbers that needs to be cleaned
                        vim is very tame bleach it will rott rubber very slowly

Comment

Don't know about you Judwak, but MY rubbers don't last that long!
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

my mask has lasted years

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                              vim
                              i seem it used when i was a kid
                              i did not even know it was still around

any rubber that been on will need treating with an rubber protector
                              i never buy any autoglim its called rubber treatment or tango
                              i use vasalin
                              its the best stuff for rubber
                              thats why its on jonnys its not for lube its for self life
                              its the best thing on the rubbers that needs to be cleaned
                              vim is very tame bleach it will rott rubber very slowly

Vim is only used to get the lettering white, it's then hosed off.

Comment

Working...
                              X