Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ the geeks

question for the geeks on here
    iam going to be needing an aireal view on the ground iam going to be working on to test out my project
    what i need to know is this
    how hard are remote hellicopters to use
    and is it possible to mount a camara on it
    and also be able to look at the ground useing the camara while flying ?

if so how high can i go
    its cheaper to make something than to pay to go up and look in a real hellicopter prices are hight for what you get

google earth is pants for what iam doing its ok to find a site but useless to look at it from above once iam there
    looking from above needs to be done at set times of the year hence why google wont work right for me
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
    question for the geeks on here
    iam going to be needing an aireal view on the ground iam going to be working on to test out my project
    what i need to know is this
    how hard are remote hellicopters to use
    and is it possible to mount a camara on it
    and also be able to look at the ground useing the camara while flying ?

if so how high can i go
    its cheaper to make something than to pay to go up and look in a real hellicopter prices are hight for what you get

google earth is pants for what iam doing its ok to find a site but useless to look at it from above once iam there
    looking from above needs to be done at set times of the year hence why google wont work right for me

###### hell mate, what you planning?!!
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

its planned already
      its part of my earth magnet project

ya must have seen me on about it before
      well i never disclose what the end result realy is yet

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
        its planned already
        its part of my earth magnet project

ya must have seen me on about it before
        well i never disclose what the end result realy is yet
        Yes i do indeed remember reading about it... something youre preparing ready for 2012??!!
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Might be an idea to get hold of your local model flying club. You'll probably find members with cameras fitted to their planes or helicopters who will do it for you for a few quid for their trouble.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Might be an idea to get hold of your local model flying club. You'll probably find members with cameras fitted to their planes or helicopters who will do it for you for a few quid for their trouble.
            good idea they are very local to me too top thinking there dude

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
              Yes i do indeed remember reading about it... something youre preparing ready for 2012??!!
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...=earth+magnets
              that may explain a little but maybe not a lot

Comment

remote helicopters are hard enuf fly even tryin to get them to hover is hard..an they create ALOT of vibration from the nitro engines they use an rattle cameras so you wouldn get a clear pic of vid..as for how high they will fly depends on the quality of the radio gear you use in it...and rc heli's arent cheap for proper ones.

Comment

Another possibility is getting enough helium filled balloons from your friendly neighbourhood balloon supplier (or buy a few cans of helium and inflate the balloons yourself).

Then your main limit will be the length of rope you have attached to your balloons...

Comment

I would have thought there would be too much vibration on a rc helicopter, perhaps you'd need a stabiliser too, also the camera would need to be quite high spec to get a good picture?

Ask to borrow this guys hexacopter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvH2f...eature=related

Comment

i dont need a clear picture just a good look at the ground from above
                      has far has cost go's its cheaper than hireing a hillicopter and pilot

plus its there when needed with no waiting just thje weather to think about
                      i like apatche's idea

Comment

i think what you need is a very strong kite very stable once they are up , i have seen cameras mounted on them before , now there is someone on here thats into kites but for the life of me cant remember, i am sure he will be more than willing to help
                        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                          Another possibility is getting enough helium filled balloons from your friendly neighbourhood balloon supplier (or buy a few cans of helium and inflate the balloons yourself).

Then your main limit will be the length of rope you have attached to your balloons...
                          that too is very easy and smooth idea
                          mmmmm iam likeing this

Comment

? google earth? works for most stuff I need and you can measure areas with thier tools!!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                              ? google earth? works for most stuff I need and you can measure areas with thier tools!!
                              i do use it but only to look around at sites but the pictures are not took at the right time of year for me to use fully or i would pay for google earth
                              because you cant use it for gains propuse's unless you pay them for google live (i think its called) even that is good but its far easyer to look in real time when iam on site rather than use google earth

Comment

Working...
                              X