Mini Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Monster

Just finished my new toy. Just need to fit the radio gear and it's off to crash it. Hooray!

Liking those rims mate.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Just throw it off the roof. Saves time installing the electronics and no risk of damaging them (as long as you don't hit them when you throw the chassis off the roof).
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Just throw it off the roof. Saves time installing the electronics and no risk of damaging them (as long as you don't hit them when you throw the chassis off the roof).
        Am I allowed to build it again once I've thrown it off the roof?

Comment

Of course, there would be no fun otherwise.

Comment

Of course, there would be no fun otherwise.
            To the roof!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              To the roof!
              Off the roof, not on to the roof.

What make is it? The model, not the roof.

Comment

What make is it? The model, not the roof.
                It was once a Tamiya Clodbuster but all that's left of that are the motors, transmissions and wheels. The chassis and suspension are a kit called Clodzilla, made by some back-room company in America.

The roof appears to be a powder-coated steel composite job. At a guess, I'd say Kingspan.

Comment

That thing looks the dogs danglely stuff mate, are all those parts metal ?

Must weigh quite a bit, watch out for the postman

Comment

With all that metal, will you uprate your motor ? or do you still use the Tamya Gold ?

Nice build, just wondered on the power to weight ratio
                    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Only aluminium isn't it? I bet it doesn't weigh much more than original. but aluminium tube chassis are so much cooler, and something the reasonably handy can make themselves.

<eyes up pile of ally tube stock under bench...>
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

It's aluminium and weighs less than the old plastic chassis and suspension. It's actually got twin motors so a fair bit of power. I'd like to upgrade them, but the one on the front runs backwards (it's just the same gearbox swung through 180 degrees) and, apparently, this makes it special somehow (I know nothing of electrical stuff). I need to get involved in more geekery to understand what I have to do in terms of getting upgraded motors.

Andy, I reckon you could make something similar fairly easily. To be honest, this 'precision-engineered' job looks like it was machined by Stevie Wonder using an Axe.

Comment

Motors can be 'timed' for maximum revs for a given voltage, so it may have been timed to run in reverse to the other one. Its not a big deal to re-time it depending on the design of the motor. It's often just a case of rotating the end plate or the can very slightly.

Why don't you fit brushless ones and go for mach2?
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Why don't you fit brushless ones and go for mach2?
                            That's probably the route I'll go. The chassis has general 'space' for radio gear and batteries, rather than restrictive trays, so I might have a crack at it. I don't really understand what a brushless motor is or how I would mount it on to the existing gearbox, but there is a frighteningly large Clodbuster modifying scene so I can find out if I dare to get involved with them....

Comment

if you lot are into rc stuff,il get some pics of my cousins stuff,he collects tamiyas and others,some really cool stuff.he has a savage thats all ally with a wicked custom paint job.very cool actually

Comment

Working...
                              X