Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Required

Hi guys,
    i picked up my 2.4 td auto surf yesterday from nuneaton, its been stood for bout 6 months and has only moved to go for its mot, i was driving back and all was well until i had to pull into a services for diesel, fed it the bp ultimate stuff and then it was a pain to start, managed to get it going again and set off up the m6 then the engine management light came on so i pulled in again at the next services, pulled into a garage forecourt, popped the bonnet to be greeted by a massive oil slick on the passenger side with a small oil patch above the turbo.....when i pulled in a left it running and the engine check light went off, but when i got back on the motorway it came straight back on and wouldnt go over 45mph and lost power fast....i ended up bringing it home on the back of an RAC truck, now i am alot of money down with a truck that will throttle up on tick over but nothing else.....also when is the turbo light meant to come on? as mine doesnt at all but still feels gutless as hell......cheers ry

Get in touch with the seller and get your money back, unless you paid less than 800 quid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Get in touch with the seller and get your money back, unless you paid less than 800 quid for it.
      i would if he would answer his phone, i got done over hook line and sinker mate just need to get it running properly is all but i just dont know where to start.

Comment

Private seller mate... he probably knew and waved you off bye, as the Bushwacker said get in touch with seller ASAP. Have a chat with Citizens advice as well

Back in the day Baby

Comment

First thing to do is check what codes have been logged.
          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/efifaultcodes.htm

Bookmark this page too for future reference.......
          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/24table.htm

Comment

Working...
          X