No announcement yet.

There's 2 of me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got mine cloned a while back, the bank told that online shopping is not generally a problem if you use secure sites, they reckoned it was when you hand the card over.

Comment

last time Maggie went to use the ATM at Sainsburys was before Xmas and she did go once after that but the lass in front of her in the queue told her it wasn't working and she never actually put her card in. The ATM had been out of service for 2 days as well up to that point. Perhaps the buggers fixing it are adding the cloning device.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Unless it's pure coincidence it would appear as though that ATM is where it happened at some point. Same gang operating and cash being spent in Brazil.
        Alan

Comment

Online transactions don't use your PIN number, so the cards can't be used in ATMs.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            Unless it's pure coincidence it would appear as though that ATM is where it happened at some point. Same gang operating and cash being spent in Brazil.
            It's an ideal one to put the cloning thing on too. Hidden round there out of sight of everything from 10pm 'til 8am.

Comment

Aye it is out of the way, I'll be double checking in future, perhaps let the shop know it's been targeted.
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                Aye it is out of the way, I'll be double checking in future, perhaps let the shop know it's been targeted.
                Aye, I'll nip in on my way home from work. Need a loaf anyway

Comment

There's a lot of that going on down my way as well - It makes you mad some bas&ard is spending your hard earnt cash; at least you got it back.

For online purchases or paypal I now use an American Express charge card, if anyone does get hold of these details Amex will deal with it and your not out of pocket; you also get reward points so a real bonus all round.

Comment

Another option when using the supermarkets is to get 'casback' instead of withdrawing from a ATM. As long as you don't need more than £50 cashback. If so make a couple of purchases.
                    www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Im really surprised that no one's jumped on that "There's two of me" quote, so I suppose I'll have to do it..........So, deep breath, here goes...............
                      Attached Files
                      " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Wonder what would happen if you put 2 Albannachs in the same room with a copy of little women rewritten by Judwak ?????
                        Remember arrows are silent.....................
                        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Useful long life heat source?
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                          X