Sell or break ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s1mon View Post
    Good advice mate,thanks - as mentioned I have the new head, with valves installed, cambelt, glow plugs, head bolts. I also bought at the same time water pump, thermostat, full service kit, discs and pads, shoes, 3 piece exhaust system, all new - cost me nearly £1200 ! I know whichever way I go I am going to take a Kicking, just want to minimise it!

Thanks again,

Simon
    The truck look in very good condition so its worth putting right..I would either advertise it on here as repaired for £1500 or put it back on ebay repaired and put a start price of about £1200 or set a reserve of £1500.I sold a 2.4 via ebay for £1350 but although it was advertised on there it was sold outside ebay,that was last june.You got a better truck now so all's not lost.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      The truck look in very good condition so its worth putting right..I would either advertise it on here as repaired for £1500 or put it back on ebay repaired and put a start price of about £1200 or set a reserve of £1500.I sold a 2.4 via ebay for £1350 but although it was advertised on there it was sold outside ebay,that was last june.You got a better truck now so all's not lost.

Thanks mate, I will give it some serious thought - Just out of interest what would it be worth to you with all the new parts included? Simon

Comment

Thanks mate, I will give it some serious thought - Just out of interest what would it be worth to you with all the new parts included? Simon
        For the distance i have to travel i wouldn't be worth me having it to repair and as everything is there for it its to good to break aswell.Realistically with eveything you got to repair it and you sell as a non runner but with all the new parts you would probably be looking at about £900 to £1000 for it top.I will have a good think about it anyway

Comment

For the distance i have to travel i wouldn't be worth me having it to repair and as everything is there for it its to good to break aswell.Realistically with eveything you got to repair it and you sell as a non runner but with all the new parts you would probably be looking at about £900 to £1000 for it top.I will have a good think about it anyway
          Ok thanks, I may just put it on ebay as a project with all parts included at £1,150 buy it now with best offers to try and get a grand for it - It should be a steel for someone, especially if they are local to me,

Thanks agian for all your advise,

Simon

Comment

Me personally wouldn't let it go for less than 1k.Its going be a great truck for someone to spend £300 to get running

Comment

Me personally wouldn't let it go for less than 1k.Its going be a great truck for someone to spend £300 to get running

A grand it is then; just about to put it on ebay now! - Will see how I get on

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Well, I started one this week and hope to (got to!) have it finished before the 20th.
                Thats pretty good Vince. I suppose doing this is almost as easy making a cup of tea for you now you've been doing it for so long. I thought this process took months!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

A grand it is then; just about to put it on ebay now! - Will see how I get on
                  Simon, you're throwing a minimum of £200 down the drain by doing it this way. Get it fixed for around £300 and then sell for £1500+. They seem to be making stupid money on Ebay at the moment, I think you could see close to £2k for it when its fixed.
                  En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                    Simon, you're throwing a minimum of £200 down the drain by doing it this way. Get it fixed for around £300 and then sell for £1500+. They seem to be making stupid money on Ebay at the moment, I think you could see close to £2k for it when its fixed.
                    Hi,

It's crazy what they are selling for at the moment - Personally I have just lost interest in it - and I am not too confident that the mechanic I use will do it properly (Long story) - Anyway it's now on ebay so first offer over a grand and they can take it away, and should have a good deal / make a tidy profit.

Comment

Working...
                    X