Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell or break ?

Evening all,

After only owning my 2.4 Surf for a couple of weeks and the head cracking, plus needing other bits and pieces doing I have decided to cut my losses and have bought the bio diesel Surf advertised for sale on this forum.

Now I am left with my old one... What is best to do to ??? Do I break it or sell complete as spares or repairs - What do you think will return the most cash?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110626581493

as you can see I paid just over £1,150 for it, and TBH am pretty pi**ed off!

I have bought a ton of bits for it as well but have lost interest in fixing it - However, I will be listing them in the parts for sale section soon - all are new

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Simon

Sorry to hear this has happened. Was there any evidence of rad weld or similar used when you realised the head had gone - suggesting the previous owner knew of the head fault and "sold on"?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Not that I know of, or that the mechanic I use told me about; I may just have been really unlucky ! - The joys of buying on ebay...

Comment

if you decide to break it il take 1st dibbs on the bullbar if you dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
          if you decide to break it il take 1st dibbs on the bullbar if you dont mind
          Sorry! I was meaning to saying in the posting that will be the only part I am keeping for the new one

Comment

haha.no bother.nice that

Comment

Looks a nice thing, I'm gutted for you.

I'm sure it will be worth more to break yourself if you've the time, the room and the storage space to hang on to stuff.

Comment

You will get 2 to 3 times as much if you break it. Its a lot of work though.
                En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

I think stormforce would be interested in buying it whole but like others have said you will get more if you break it but its alot of time & effort.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    I think stormforce would be interested in buying it whole but like others have said you will get more if you break it but its alot of time & effort.
                    What do you think its worth complete? (minus the bull bar as i'm keeping that!)

Comment

I'll V8 it for you for 3.5k. Then you can sell your other one and get some cash back.

A Lexurf is the ultimate Surf.

Comment

if you break it , 1st dibbs on the rear top spoiler please
                        animalo
                        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

If you're going to replace it with another Surf (or similar) I'd be tempted to just get the work done to get it back on the road. With a sorted head it'll give plenty of years of service and you'll know it's a good 'un.

If you break it and buy another you'll risk having the same thing happen again... (friends have had cylinder head problems with similar Jap import diesels - Pajs, Shoguns, etc) so it's not just exclusively a Surf thing (although we seem to suffer more than most!)

Just my tuppence worth...

Comment

Originally posted by s1mon View Post
                            What do you think its worth complete? (minus the bull bar as i'm keeping that!)
                            I honestly wouldn't have a clue mate, sorry.

Stormforce is usually quite fair with his prices + he'd probably pick it up from yours.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              I'll V8 it for you for 3.5k. Then you can sell your other one and get some cash back.

A Lexurf is the ultimate Surf.

Hi mate,

I must admit I am tempted for the Lexurf, but not with this one - The new one looks a lot more tidy - It may be something for later on in the year if your still doing the conversions; fuel economy does not bother me as it's only a toy,

You must have a ton of people after the conversion ?

Comment

Working...
                              X