can tv go above the fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    This is mine! a bit less "busy" now we got rid of the decco's!

(and thats a real tree!!)
    I like the wall clock ian, I have a nasty habit of trying to collect clocks and watches but hey-ho the truck calls for more money and the clocks,,well there just another toy that looks good.....
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      It physically can, yes.
      Should it?
      NO
      why not?

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
        Could'nt agree more! Putting the telly there is just so , " Chavvy " Cheers....Mick.
        haha,oh right,now that is what i thought,its a sort if 'look at my big telly'thing,although in my case its not,just put the one in the bedroom on the wall and it frees up so much space.

Comment

is that plasma,mine would be even further way from trhe fire than that also,im goin for it,wish me luck and if my trucks up for sale on here its cos it didnt work,

Comment

Speaking of rubbish telly, my friend and his other half are on a new show starting on E4 on Monday the 10th called Tool Academy. I expect the target audience is women in the age group of about 16 to (depending on the person) 30 - 40 ish so probably no one on here!

Although I'm interested in seeing what it's about. You may have seen the adverts for it already.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

That fish bowl is a little on the small side!

Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Tool Academy? Isn't it just a programme about glorifying dick-heads?
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  That fish bowl is a little on the small side!

What is that thing on the left? It looks like... what did my grandad call 'em... a stereogram or summat?

Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Tool Academy? Isn't it just a programme about glorifying dick-heads?
                    That's the one.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                      why not?

Sore neck sore back from having slouch in the sofa to watch something too high up the wall.
                      Its not natural height to watch tv thats why..........

Comment

I lent my mum and dad an old projector I had to watch DVDs on.

Went round and he'd rigged it so it projected onto the ceiling so they could lie in bed and watch a film.

feckin' genius

Wish I'd thought of that when I was a teenager...

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                          I lent my mum and dad an old projector I had to watch DVDs on.

Went round and he'd rigged it so it projected onto the ceiling so they could lie in bed and watch a film.

feckin' genius

Wish I'd thought of that when I was a teenager...
                          DVDs? projected on the ceiling above the bed? Bet you didn't think mums and dads did things like that
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Steady!...
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                              Could'nt agree more! Putting the telly there is just so , " Chavvy " Cheers....Mick.
                              Chavvy????? One would really have to question your logic behind this statement? I have stayed at a few 5* Appartments/ Hotels which have this in place. The reason I did it was due to space and simplicity. A Tv normally dominates a corner of a room or similar space with all chairs or sofas focused on this point (very unsociable). Where as mounting the screen up high normally brings the fire place back to being the central point/ feature of the room, and makes things like conversation the the bigger emphasis on the living area while still having the luxury to kick your feet up, sit back and enoy an experience more comparable with being at the cinema. I appreciate that having a giant tele in a matchbox size room is a bit chavvy but in my humble opinion this is due to size, not where the tele is placed, surley?

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                                What is that thing on the left? It looks like... what did my grandad call 'em... a stereogram or summat?

Cheeky sod! it's a goodmans hi-fi system with big warfdale speakers, also the vcr, dvd stuff, (from when size was everything)
                                the telly is a plasma, thats a fish tank
                                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                                X