can tv go above the fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can tv go above the fire

bit random i know,after some advice,im thinking of getting my samsung plasma tv fitted on the wall,above the fire,ive been told to check what my tv is as gas fires can ruin certain ones,anyone shed any light on this,the model is ps-50q96hd if this helps.thanks for any advice.

Every house is different, there are no laws / regulations I know of prohibiting you. Also I have mine mouunted above my fire, not directly above as the heat would distort the picure due to hot air rising but on the chimney breast still just slightly to the right. if you do mount it up there, expect to have to re-render the wall at some stage as this plaster gets hot it is normally very dry and you will more than likley get cracks starting at the screw holes over time.

Comment

The fkin thing might as well go on the fire after the offerings over the festive season, thats the full sky package too, what a load of garbage.

Somewhere in the specification booklet you got with the set should give you min-max operating temps, I wouldn't worry too much, I know loads who have them on the chimney breast without a hitch. H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
        The fkin thing might as well go on the fire after the offerings over the festive season, thats the full sky package too, what a load of garbage.

Somewhere in the specification booklet you got with the set should give you min-max operating temps, I wouldn't worry too much, I know loads who have them on the chimney breast without a hitch. H

Bugga! i was going to say that,

actually ours is on the chimny brest but it's a fake brest!!(but there again most are these days) we do have an electric fan fire under it tho
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Plasmas run hot anyway. Personally, I wouldn't (real fire ), but you might get away with it.

With you on Sky over christmas - it was woeful!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Only thing I could recommend was, "an idiot abroad", mainly because I know a lot like him, other than that I've sat on this comp reading other garbage, anybody else feel we are just being fed rubbish constantly regardless of chosen media. H

Comment

right ok,so should be ok then,tv does run hot so woudnt wanna feck it up by puttin it up there above the fire with extra heat when we do have the fire on,the fires rarely on anyway to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                Plasmas run hot anyway. Personally, I wouldn't (real fire ), but you might get away with it.

With you on Sky over christmas - it was woeful!
                its not a real fire,just a gas fire

Comment

plasma suit above fire better than LCD as the crystals in LCD can shift over time, (according to dixons sales gimp)

so go by that, i bought coverplan insurance anyway, so lets hope it falls off the chimney in 18months, then me gets new telly...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                    plasma suit above fire better than LCD as the crystals in LCD can shift over time, (according to dixons sales gimp)

so go by that, i bought coverplan insurance anyway, so lets hope it falls off the chimney in 18months, then me gets new telly...
                    same ere,haha,im sure im due a new one

Comment

It physically can, yes.
                      Should it?
                      NO
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

i had my old plasma above my fire on the chimney breast for 2 yrs, no probs. iv since replaced it with a bigger LCD and thats also been above with no issues. its been on another wall in my dining room about 20 inches from the top of a radiator and still fine been there a good 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                          It physically can, yes.
                          Should it?
                          NO
                          Could'nt agree more! Putting the telly there is just so , " Chavvy " Cheers....Mick.
                          " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Besides, dancing on ice would be a wash-out!

Comment

This is mine! a bit less "busy" now we got rid of the decco's!

(and thats a real tree!!)
                              Attached Files
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X