Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gary-r View Post
    and no i'm not richer than an astronaut - i just dont have a wife

Hmmm - I think I might be able to find one for you ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Bob!!!

Stop offering to be the behatch ALL the time.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

no thanks -and i dont want any rug rats either
        i like wasting my money on toys

that also includes cute girls under 30

Comment

Ah well - it was worth a try ...

Must admit she's getting a bit worn after 33 years with me !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            3.0td manual I get an average 30mpg

The manual will pull from 30mph in 5th easily and happily trundel around in 5th at 30-40mph with the rev counter showing 1200-1400 rpm.

I love the auto surfs but the manual and the ability to stay in top gear, really helps the mpg figures.
            That's pretty sweet. I would have preferred a manual, but just couldn't find one. I used to have a manual 2nd Gen 2.4td, but was 2.5" body + 2.5" sus lift and had 33's on it. I don't think the MPG was any better than the V6

Am seriously thinking of going down the LPG route

Will have a search through the threads for the best places up this way. Anybody know where they usually place the tank on the 3rd gen surfs?
            Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
              Anybody know where they usually place the tank on the 3rd gen surfs?
              I've seen a few on eBay over the years with LPG. One had the tank where the underslung spare goes - which I really would not fancy for offroad use unless it was heavily armoured! Though I 'spose it would be OK for road use.

The other had the tank across the boot space behind the back seats, which would take up too much sleeping room.

The engine is much more common in Colorados, so I suppose the same place they put the tank on those.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

slightly old thread but ..

there were i think a few oposts on fuel economy over the last few weeks but i cant find em,...

just thought id say ive done a 300 mile trip, (london to durham) and used 40 ;litres. ..

basing that on 9 gallons it works out as 30.3 mpg. steady 75-80...3.0l turbo deseil kzn 130 auto.

not bad... shes just had a new gearbox mount which has improved the drivng no end.. and might beable to squeeze a bit more mpg out of her with new engine mounts and tyres.

(less rattle and less rolling resistance)

Comment

Working...
                X